School me on affordable lightweight bipods. Want to buy

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I am looking for a lightweight bipod for mainly my 243 coyote rifle. I am stunned by some of the long range and tactical product prices. Seems like there is no end to this elite product pricing. Is there a decent bipod out there that is light and affordable? I have a Harris which seems like a 40 year old design. Carbon would be cool. I see Caldwell has one. feedback on that and any others appreciated.

Sadler

WKR
The javelin lite is about 5oz and pretty affordable. I use it and really like it.

x2 on the Javelin bipods. Lightweight, quick magnetic attach/detach and easy to swap between all of your rifles (just buy separate adapters for each rifle). Not the cheapest option but definitely worth checking out.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Spartan Precision (Javeline) with a Gunsmith adapter is a slick set up. If you want to leave it on the gun and fold it, take a look at Backlanz. https://backlanz.co.nz/

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I am looking for a lightweight bipod for mainly my 243 coyote rifle. I am stunned by some of the long range and tactical product prices. Seems like there is no end to this elite product pricing. Is there a decent bipod out there that is light and affordable? I have a Harris which seems like a 40 year old design. Carbon would be cool. I see Caldwell has one. feedback on that and any others appreciated.
Hi! I'm a rep for Spartan Precision Equipment, and appreciate all the kind words you guys have said about the Javelin bipods. Did you get all your questions answered? If you're still on the market and would like to discuss anything, always feel free to shoot me a direct message and we can chat over the phone 👍

To anyone using the Spartan bipods, do you ever have problems with debris building up in the magnetic receiver?

I bought a Javelin but didn't realize it's not made to store on the rifle. Prepped two of my rifles for it and carried it with me on two hunts this year but now I'm looking for something similarly lightweight but has the option to fold forward and store on the rifle so I don't have to have a pocket for it. I usually had it in my pack lid that was going to be a slow place to retrieve it from in a shooting situation.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
To anyone using the Spartan bipods, do you ever have problems with debris building up in the magnetic receiver?

I bought a Javelin but didn't realize it's not made to store on the rifle. Prepped two of my rifles for it and carried it with me on two hunts this year but now I'm looking for something similarly lightweight but has the option to fold forward and store on the rifle so I don't have to have a pocket for it. I usually had it in my pack lid that was going to be a slow place to retrieve it from in a shooting situation.
I have not had a problem with it. The plug is easily removable, but small and easy to loose to.

I find my javelin tucks behind my bino chest pouch nicely and gives quick access.

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

We haven't heard of anyone having issues with debris building up on the magnet. If you're worried about that, one option is a holster like this REDKETTLE LITE JAVELIN HOLSTER. It attaches with a magnet to the top of the bipod. In addition to keeping the bipod from falling out, it would ensure no debris can clog it up. There's also a dirt plug for the receiver on your rifle adapter.

LiteHolsterImage_1_2048x.jpg

dirt plug.jpg

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have not had a problem with it. The plug is easily removable, but small and easy to loose to.

I find my javelin tucks behind my bino chest pouch nicely and gives quick access.
thanks for sharing your experiences with our bipods! We just came out with a new way to store it called the Aspis Holster. Since you liked storing it with your binocular holster, just thought this might be a more secure option for you

Aspis 2.jpg

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
thanks for sharing your experiences with our bipods! We just came out with a new way to store it called the Aspis Holster. Since you liked storing it with your binocular holster, just thought this might be a more secure option for you

View attachment 478078
I looked at that, but I have the long legs and the horizontal position feels like it would be annoying due to that length. I did get the Red Kettle holster to avoiding loosing it while crawling around.

I had not used a bipod before this year, but this took me from needing to be 40 meters from a ptarmigan to consistently take it with my 22, to preferring 60 meter shots as the other birds are less likely to fly away. It is fun to put 5 or 6 birds down from one shooting position. I hunt birds in sheep and goat country, so lots of opportunity for prone shots and light weight is appreciated on the 5+ mile hike in.

Oregon Hunter

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I looked at that, but I have the long legs and the horizontal position feels like it would be annoying due to that length. I did get the Red Kettle holster to avoiding loosing it while crawling around.

I had not used a bipod before this year, but this took me from needing to be 40 meters from a ptarmigan to consistently take it with my 22, to preferring 60 meter shots as the other birds are less likely to fly away. It is fun to put 5 or 6 birds down from one shooting position. I hunt birds in sheep and goat country, so lots of opportunity for prone shots and light weight is appreciated on the 5+ mile hike in.
Very cool! I've never experienced that type of hunting before. Share pictures if you get them :)

Khalse77

FNG
The Javelin is definitely a legit bipod, I could barely feel it in my pocket adjustments were great ect. Although I do wish it had an option to fold and store because I just lost it two weeks ago pursing a buck I killed when I went back to look for it the next day when I realized it was gone it had snowed and couldn’t find it unfortunately.