School me on bipods please

So I have an old Harris sitting on top of my safe that I occasionally will trot out and attach to the front swivel stud of my rifle for a hunt but as more and more hunting equipment gets quieter and carbon-ier, I've come to realize it's heavy, it's loud, and it's a pain to adjust when time is of the essence.

Yesterday I was watching reruns of SoloHntr and Tim was verifying zero on his rifle (I think it was a season 6 or 7 antelope hunt but can't recall the exact episode) and he had an awesome looking bipod with a large skelotonized "paddle" handle that adjusted pan and cant by simply flipping the fingers of his forend hand forward. It had carbon legs and looked like it was attached to a front rail. I rewound several times but couldn't get a read of the maker. What say your Roksliders? Does anyone know what the heck I'm talking about? Anyone know who makes this or a model similar to it?

It wasn't a javelin/spartan and it wasn't an atlas based on the models I see online. While those look very nice, the distinguishing feature of this particular one was that large drop handle for rapid adjustment "in the moment". It was also the cheerleader on the bottom of the pyramid if you know what I mean...the legs were really thick compared to the spartan and atlas models.

Are there others I should take a look at as a lightweight, quiet option with rapid pan and cant adjust?

ID_Matt

WKR
Others may comment but I had 2 of them and couldn't fall in love. Tension was too "course" if that makes sense... either completely loose or rock solid tight. Took a while to get set up too, wasn't just a quick flip down of the legs. I have been using an atlas for the last few years on several different guns and love it.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The world of bipods once you go beyond a Harris is pretty crazy what there is out there now.

IMO the best bipods have three legs... Before you lay down serious money for a bipod, many of us have ditched the bipod and upgraded the tripod we had for glassing and shoot off it. I can shoot with my tripod out to 800 as confidently as prone. Also, finding a good prone shot can be hard in many locations and situations. In the end, my carry weight for gear with tripod isn't different than someone carrying a bipod and tripod for glassing.

But, if I were to recommend a bipod for most guys for hunting, it would be a Modular Evolution bipod. It is similar to an Atlas, but locks up tighter. But, if you really want to get sticker shock, the only bipod I own any more is a Cykepod from MDT, and if I take a bipod hunting, that's the one.

I would also get a Salmon River Solutions rail. Ken does good stuff. @LivetohuntID

Here is a typical group I can shoot off my tripod in light wind conditions at 500 yards. I have 100% confidence in out to 600 yards. And, here is the same shot on a hunt.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The world of bipods once you go beyond a Harris is pretty crazy what there is out there now.

IMO the best bipods have three legs... Before you lay down serious money for a bipod, many of us have ditched the bipod and upgraded the tripod we had for glassing and shoot off it. I can shoot with my tripod out to 800 as confidently as prone. Also, finding a good prone shot can be hard in many locations and situations. In the end, my carry weight for gear with tripod isn't different than someone carrying a bipod and tripod for glassing.

But, if I were to recommend a bipod for most guys for hunting, it would be a Modular Evolution bipod. It is similar to an Atlas, but locks up tighter. But, if you really want to get sticker shock, the only bipod I own any more is a Cykepod from MDT, and if I take a bipod hunting, that's the one.

I would also get a Salmon River Solutions rail. Ken does good stuff. @LivetohuntID

Here is a typical group I can shoot off my tripod in light wind conditions at 500 yards. I have 100% confidence in out to 600 yards. And, here is the same shot on a hunt.
We just got them from the anodizers today! I’m adding them to the site tonight! 10-32, 1/4-20, and m lok.
5C9A9992-1B20-446A-9A86-C95839F15480.jpeg