School me on calling cats

TheGDog

WKR
I’ve called in bobcat before with mouth calls. I’ve had one come in at about the 2 minute mark. I must have setup close to him. He appeared at 15 yards and I put an arrow thru him
That is impressive! Mouth call, 15yd AND w/ bow, Dang!

Just for my education here, in terms of mouth calling him in, were you calling right up until you saw him at 15yds? Or... had you paused for a bit... and then he came into the scene?

That is impressive! Mouth call, 15yd AND w/ bow, Dang!

Just for my education here, in terms of mouth calling him in, were you calling right up until you saw him at 15yds? Or... had you paused for a bit... and then he came into the scene?
Yea I was using a verminator tweety call. I was blowing it and saw flash out of corner of my eye and bobcat was standing there. I also killed one other that I called in. He took longer thou

Attachments

• DB7637BD-A8FE-498D-97E6-FB76B58A8E45.jpeg
    DB7637BD-A8FE-498D-97E6-FB76B58A8E45.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 18

TheGDog

WKR
And he didn't run away when you drew back huh? (I'm assuming you already had an arrow knocked, yes?) Or, did you have to kinda make a running shot?

TheGDog

WKR
They have become quite the challenge to say the least.
20 sets and counting.
That's how it's done man. Determination. That... and continuing to try new locations until you find where they are. Also? Look for leftover bird parts on the trail. That's a good Tattle-tail sign they've been there.

And he didn't run away when you drew back huh? (I'm assuming you already had an arrow knocked, yes?) Or, did you have to kinda make a running shot?
Had arrow nocked. But he watched me draw and shoot him. A coyote would never have done that. But bobcat just stood there

TheGDog

WKR
After I enjoyed the bobcat crockpot... I became very upset that Gov. Newscum passed that stupid ban here in CA. They're flesh was soo pristine looking! While field dressing, It's insides were the most clean/pristine looking entrails I'd ever seen. I remember being very struck by that. The meat reminded very much of Turkey.

After I enjoyed the bobcat crockpot... I became very upset that Gov. Newscum passed that stupid ban here in CA. They're flesh was soo pristine looking! While field dressing, It's insides were the most clean/pristine looking entrails I'd ever seen. I remember being very struck by that. The meat reminded very much of Turkey.
Yea they are good. Very beautiful creatures.

Kaleb W

FNG
Really nice meat... like GDog was saying, it just looks and even smells nice. A far cry from a stinky coyote. Here's a photo of a "catstrap" off a lynx.

62979314565__AC48A967-679B-4FFC-A1C4-8B7809E75AF5.JPG

TheGDog

WKR
I remember noticing how when you cut into the muscles of the leg bone... after a bit of crockpot time... ya know then wanting to remove that bone outta there before it continues... how once the tendon was freed the muscle was still under tension and contracted up. Not like your typical regular meats we normally eat from store.