School me on cans

WRO

WKR
Looking to get a suppressor for my 6.5 prc build ? What's everyone's recommendation?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Spent hours researching, everything pointed me to a thunderbeast ultra 7 can. I bought it in 30cal to run on several rifles, but that will be up to you. For precision shooting, thunderbeast will get a lot of praise.

Gunwerks also has some new cans that looks interesting.

Nubs

FNG
If you want precision and repeatability, get a taper mount or direct thread. I like the idea of a taper mount more for the locking aspect.

I have a Griffin PHS300. I didnt know if I would be buying more than 1 can when I bout it, so wanted something bulletproof. I have no complaints with and will be sending in for their sportsman suppressor this year. I use on ar type rifles and 308 bolt guns.

Thunderbeast is definitely the top name when it comes to precision cans, I have no experience with them however.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

In decending order from my research for precision rifle hunting cans

1. Thunderbeast ultra 7 or 9in, depending if the length vs loud makes one worth it
  2. Sico Omega 300
  3. Griffin sportsman ultralight 300/Silencerco Harvester

If you are confident you only want it for your prc then Thunderbeast also sells those cans in 6.5mm bore. It will be maybe 2-3 db quieter than a 30 cal version on your 6.5.

All of these are extremely lightweight, the thudnerbeast most so, then griffin then omega. The omega benefits from being the strongest design if you would also like to throw it on a semi auto and do some mag dumps. Yet, its still under a pound. The TB can do some of that but not as much, don't want the titanium over 800F. The Griffin and harvester are aluminum tubes and can take even less of it, I think they say 10 rounds rapid max?

One HUGE benefit of silencerco cans is that the thread caps for tons of different muzzle threads if you have a browning or something with an oddball thread diameter other than 5/8x24 or 1/2x28. TB has some of these as well but Sico has tons.

If you want 1 precision bolt gun Supressor - Thunderbeast.
If you want 1 rifle supressor, to be used on everything and work great on your precision bolt gun -Omega
If you want an affordable entry to the market that will protect your hearing and don't need it to be bulletproof- Griffin sportsman/Harvester (Harvester being the cheaper of the two)

My 6.5 PRC is shot through a 10 inch form 1 30 cal can re-cored by Ecco Machine. It is phenomenal db wise but is heavier than any of these offerings. I have an omega in jail.

Nubs

FNG
I'd also look at the Griffin Paladin if you looking for a little heavier do all suppressor in line with the Omega weight wise.

You will most likely not ever selling your suppressor so think about your longterm goals as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Scottyboy

WKR
I use a TBAC ultra 7 on various calibers and couldn’t be any happier. At first I was nervous adding that much to a standard 24” bbl on factory rifles but it has been a complete non issue for me.

carter33

WKR
Is thier a difference in accuracy/repeatability say in using a .30 cal can on a 6.5 rifle vs an can actual 6.5 can?

skierhs

WKR
If your looking for suppression and retained accuracy thunderbeast is the gold standard. I would suggest getting a 30 cal can so you can use it on more of your rifles and Arn’t limited to just a 6.5mm calibers. They are titanium so they’re extremely light and have close to no poi shift. Gunwerks released their suppressors and they look good as well but with such a long wait on getting a suppressor I’d stick with a name brand company that has some of the best customer service out there.

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
I shoot a TB ultra 9. Reduces recoil and my groups shrink with factory ammo when it’s on vs off. I would like to have a can I could mount on my semi auto rifles that could handle sustained fire but the ultra 9 is badass. Shoot it on a .308 and 6.5 creedmore and love it

RyDog450r

FNG
Thunderbeast ultra 7 for me. It’s stil loud enough that you’ll want ear pro so I saved a couple ounces and inches with the 7 since I backpack hunt with it. I have/had a terrible flinch and the can really helps with the recoil, flash, and noise to keep that in check. thanks again to my uncle for teaching me to shoot with a 12 gauge pump action slug gun...

OP
WRO

WRO

WKR
If your looking for suppression and retained accuracy thunderbeast is the gold standard. I would suggest getting a 30 cal can so you can use it on more of your rifles and Arn’t limited to just a 6.5mm calibers. They are titanium so they’re extremely light and have close to no poi shift. Gunwerks released their suppressors and they look good as well but with such a long wait on getting a suppressor I’d stick with a name brand company that has some of the best customer service out there.

Problem is thunderbeast is out 4 months on production, I may just order one anyways..

skierhs

WKR
Problem is thunderbeast is out 4 months on production, I may just order one anyways..
That’s just thier production timeline. That’s mainly for retailers that order quantities from them. You can get one through a lot of the dealers listed on their website so you don’t have to wait!

Oldffemt

WKR
The griffin titanium taper mount/brake weighs like 1oz and has been spot on for repeatability on the 3 rifles I’m swapping my recce 7 between. If I don’t but an ultra 7 next, it’ll probably be a griffin sportsman for a dedicated hunting can.
Make sure you look at each manufacturer’s website and find their minimum barrel length specs for the calibers you intend to use your can on.

I run all thunderbeast cans and have had no problems with them. Have heard great things about their customer service as well.

I'm running the Silencerco Hybrid 46 and use on alot of different rifles/pistols. Direct thread and haven't changed the end cap. No problems and happy with the purchase.