School me on MBG slider sights.

Looking at getting my first slider sight, and I think I’ve narrowed it down to the S&S spec’d Ascent Verdict or a custom Pro. 3 pin configuration, with a .010 for the bottom pin. Is the pro worth the upgrade? Besides micro adjust pins what do you gain with the pro?

MT257

WKR
I tried a 0.010 on the bottom of my Ascent Verdict, it was diffucult to see for me and even tougher at lower light. I'd suggest calling Black Gold and chatting with them. They have always been real helpful whether I was just ordering a sight or a replacement pin.

Graves14

WKR
Or give S&S a call, they are a site sponsor and always helpful.

I think for most archers that aren’t switching arrows frequently, the tapered pins are the only advantage over the Ascent Verdict

87TT

WKR
I like the .010 pin on the bottom. If you're unsure, get one with an extra pin in the other size. Like if you want a three pin sight get a 4 pin with .19 .19 .19 .010. Then if you don't like the .010, you can take it out. If you do, then take out the extra .19. They are easy to take out or in.

OP
CApighunter
I like the .010 pin on the bottom. If you're unsure, get one with an extra pin in the other size. Like if you want a three pin sight get a 4 pin with .19 .19 .19 .010. Then if you don't like the .010, you can take it out. If you do, then take out the extra .19. They are easy to take out or in.

My old bow had a fixed 5 pin with the bottom being a .10. I liked that size for longer shots alot.

Firehawk

WKR
I have a Verdict and a Pro. Once I am all sighted in, both function perfectly and extremely similarly. That said, the micro adjust of the pro is nice, but I have had little issue making necessary adjustment with the standard adjustments.

I am considering getting one of the new Mountain Lite sights. I like the idea of having two indicators for the slider portion of my 3 pin sight. Particularly when I am shooting outdoor 3D shoots, I would love the idea of being able to slide my pin to the exact range in between 20-40 yards, rather than pin gap (my sight is set up 20, 30 and 40 yards with the 40 yard pin being my slider pin). For hunting, it would be handy to have if an animal is moving toward you while at draw.

I have a couple of mbg sights with standard and micro adjust pins. To be honest I don't like the micro adjust because they are imprecise and sloppy, need to wiggle them while turning the thumb wheel so they will move. Micro for the head is fine though, windage and elevation.

Graves14

WKR
I have a Verdict and a Pro. Once I am all sighted in, both function perfectly and extremely similarly. That said, the micro adjust of the pro is nice, but I have had little issue making necessary adjustment with the standard adjustments.

I am considering getting one of the new Mountain Lite sights. I like the idea of having two indicators for the slider portion of my 3 pin sight. Particularly when I am shooting outdoor 3D shoots, I would love the idea of being able to slide my pin to the exact range in between 20-40 yards, rather than pin gap (my sight is set up 20, 30 and 40 yards with the 40 yard pin being my slider pin). For hunting, it would be handy to have if an animal is moving toward you while at draw.

also consider that with a custom Mountain light you could have both a .019 and .010 sliding pins. Use one pointer for each size

I’ll have to check that sight out to see what it offers that mine doesn’t. I have an accent verdict and have it set up so my slider pin (my bottom/40 yd) will slide down to 80 or up to 20. Works well for 3D.

That pin is also a yellow .10 which I love. My top is .19 green which would be too much for my eyes past 20. My middle is a .19 red which I dislike. Even in full sun my eye don’t see it well. I think I’m going to send it in an have the fibers switched to green-yellow-green. I dont have the micro adjust and for the extra weight/moving parts it’s not a big enough of a hassle for me to justify.

Firehawk

WKR
Jahvette20, I am switching out my red pins this week. I can't stand the red. Halos horribly for my eyes. Makes gapping quite difficult. Yellow and Green both work good for me.

Also, my Pro has a .010 pin on the bottom and .19 pins on the top two. I like the Black Gold .010 pin much better than the .010 pins that were on my old CBE Tek Hybrd. Much easier for my eyes to see and use and much brighter. But on my closer pins, the .019 is perfect.

widnert

Lil-Rokslider

Get yourself a very fine point Sharpie paint-pen with white color (Office Depot or Staples). Make a mark on the slider housing, next to the 20 yard mark on your tape. Whala - instant second pin. (Or, use the pin provided for the 20 and make the white mark for the 60 yard floater.) Did this years ago after reading about it on ArcheryTalk or somewhere. Has worked perfectly during my 3D shoots. (I've also just sprayed white spray paint on the end of a toothpick to make the mark but that left a little too fat of a dot for me.)

Firehawk

WKR
Great Idea!

Get yourself a very fine point Sharpie paint-pen with white color (Office Depot or Staples). Make a mark on the slider housing, next to the 20 yard mark on your tape. Whala - instant second pin. (Or, use the pin provided for the 20 and make the white mark for the 60 yard floater.) Did this years ago after reading about it on ArcheryTalk or somewhere. Has worked perfectly during my 3D shoots. (I've also just sprayed white spray paint on the end of a toothpick to make the mark but that left a little too fat of a dot for me.)