School me on puffy's

NoWiser

WKR
I’ve had plenty of opportunity to use my new puffy the last week. The Montbell Alpine (not Alpine Light). It has left me completely impressed. I have the Uncompaghre and the two aren’t even in the same league. I’d buy it again in a heartbeat. Just plain awesome. My favorite purchase of the year.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Honestly “hunting” brand puffy coats don’t compare to the quality jackets available from other brands.

I use the western mountaineering snojack parka after trial and error on several different puffy jackets.

When comparing warmth, durability, and packability only Feathered Friends, Patagonia, and Nunatek coats come close to comparing.

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
Uncomphagre for me, I have been messing around with putting it on immediately upon getting to glassing knob, even if it’s not that cold and it drys out your sweaty base layers super quick. Courtesy of Kifarucast

cbeck36

Lil-Rokslider
A thread similar to this one pointed me in the direction of the north face NUPTSE jacket. Got one and it is fantastic. Very similar the LPP only in down.

Shanny

FNG
How do the UA Ridge Reaper Alpine Ops pants fit? I normally wear a 38 waist, so would XL work?