School Me On Tikka

Holy crap, I just installed an MT spring in mine & I was skeptical.
Good lord have mercy was i wrong to be. It's hands down the best trigger I've ever pulled. A tenner for a 1/4" long spring is ridiculous, but it's 100% the best upgrade you could make!
I actually can't get my trigger as HEAVY as I would prefer..... How often do you hear that?

Dobermann

WKR
Yeah, that is true. Only thing I see that is lacking is aftermarket triggers. I personally am a fan of flat faced triggers, but the market doesn't really offer one.

I know KRG makes one, but they say it might not work on other chassis.
Seek and ye shall find: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/tikka-flat-trigger-shoe-by-rusty-nuts-designs.7096641/

trigger-shoe-1-jpg.7725903

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I actually can't get my trigger as HEAVY as I would prefer..... How often do you hear that?

Mine was a hair trigger for sure, a had a lot of shots in didn’t mean to take (at the range). Took that spring out and put the original one back in.

It seems Tikka is the go-to rifle here. Why then does it seem everyone gets a T3x and then puts a new stock and barrel on it? Are the factory builds no good? Why not start with something that has a barrel and stock you like?
Early in tikka game I took a stock tikka t3 lite stainless in .270 win, put a Leupold 3-9x33 ultralight with a 7/8" standard target knob with a Kenton speed dial turret and factory fusion 130 gr ammo it clustered and set up to speed dial to middle my elevation/temp ranges, and dialled up a perfect center hit on a 'sheep' rock at 701 yards afield when called out by a buddy with his fully custom f-class 300 wm, 180 gr ab hand loads (4" at 1000 yard type groups), 28" plus brake heavy barrel pig who spined that same rock after I pinwheeled it....my rig was 7.04 lbs all up!, his was a beast...that is the magic of tikka, what you can do with a factory rifle and ammo now is amazing, tikka and savage paved the way and now ruger Americans can play in the accuracy game also but savages are gross little piggies, rugers are acceptable, tikka's are like svelte European models in comparison ;)

Stinky Coyote, so you just 'SWAG'ed" it for the wind hold and got lucky or what?
it was a dial up only exercise that day, no wind, weird thing was buddies f-class rig didn't just spine the rock above dead center, it was about 10" to one side, he was relieved to hit it after I pinwheeled it so quickly but he took awhile consulting the charts on his stock and I'm sure he wished he hit closer to bull than he did, sheep torso size rock

we did a similar 575 yard bear rock on a spring bear hunt, wicked wind hard quartering towards us, different rifles, I swag'd it for wind (and holdover lol), again i was first shooter, throw the pack down on the fictional bear of a lifetime, I went a few inches more than necessary on wind and maybe 1.5" on elevation, but still easy in kill zone and dead bear, passed along my wind call and he pinwheeled it better on that one and his set up was a bit simpler, smaller chart, didn't take as long this time...more hunt friendly setup, he dead centered, with with a 6.5 lb all up blaser k95 single shot .270 with a Leupold 2.5-8x with custom lr duplex reticle installed (that model wasn't offered it), post thickening was 550 so really I built it as ~450 yard rig and an emergency 550 hold point, so this was a super test for the set up, I held post thickening up and then over for wind and killed zee bear very quickly with factory federal 140 ab's vs a custom 26" plus brake 264 win mag with super slippery hot reloads etc. and around 9 lbs. factory everything vs custom everything...0-600 hunters have more options to go simple than 600 and beyond set-ups

AkRyan

WKR
It seems Tikka is the go-to rifle here. Why then does it seem everyone gets a T3x and then puts a new stock and barrel on it? Are the factory builds no good? Why not start with something that has a barrel and stock you like?
Because they fall in love with how buttery smooth it is but they have to be cool and add carbon fiber!

Leaf Litter

Lil-Rokslider
I needed a donor rifle for a wildcat build and a new Tikka was $670. I could have found a decent used rifle for $400 or so, but Tikka action/trigger function and quality is worth more than $270 to me in the long run over a $400 used rifle.

The only downside is beating that Finnish Locktite

NSI

WKR
Remember in the donor tikka equation, you are also not necessarily buying bottom metal, a Wyatt box, or magazines. The factory bottom metal and plastic magazine is in fact lighter and tighter than most aftermarket options. Between those components and the trigger, a custom action has many hundreds of dollars to overcome. Then, you'll still be left with a hunting rifle that slam fires when it freezes, because all customs use rem 700 triggers.

I've come to the conclusion that Tikkas are for hunting and customs are for PRS. Of course, I shoot a Tikka for PRS anyway because I have so many donor actions lying around from buying them for bolts.

-J

dv8pnt

FNG
I won a Tikka t3x lite at a gun bash this past saturday. Choice of caliber. Still deciding what to get.