school...this fall

How come the Europeans can send their kids back to school and we can’t?
8a45a0d8ab650cf9a51f62bb94158b82.jpg

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

Nuke Man

WKR
Our district is going to open up and run full time. Parents can choose in class or e learning but have to commit to either for a full semester. But if your kid gets sick(runny nose or cough even) that child plus siblings have to be pulled out of school for 14 days. With 4 kids in school it would be a total cluster. We have decided to pull them out and homeschool for the year. My wife is a homemaker so it made our decision pretty easy for us. Its not what either of us want but it will be better for the kids in the long run.
I'm pretty sure as are the teachers that we will end up with schools closed and e learning again and much more structured than before. We live way out in the sticks and our only option for internet is satellite. We get bye with our cell phones now but zoom meetings and all the other bs dont work for us.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Federal overreach like seizing control of COVID data?

Not intervening, but providing guidance for schools you know leadership. Watch in the coming months if things get back the Fed will be blaming "the states screwed it up not them."
I plan on watching, and after the November elections when covid can't be weaponized for political points like BLM it'll suddenly be under control and both sides will take credit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
How come the Europeans can send their kids back to school and we can’t?

mid Trump really wanted kids to go back to school, he around have demanded that schools stay closed.

people will basically go apeshit to do the opposite of anything he says. I find it very hard to believe he dosent know this.

eamyrick

WKR
Our district North of Austin, Tx is doing an initial 3 weeks virtual and now they have the option for four more weeks at home. The goal post gets moved further and further each week. My wife and I both work outside of the house. My oldest is supposed to supposed to start 1st grade and the spring e learning was no good for him despite us really putting a lot of effort into the programs. Doing a zoom with 20 kids was a nightmare.
We enrolled him in a private Christian school yesterday and they are starting as planned and have a well thought out plan including several built in weeks in case a kid needs to stay at home. There are obviously other major advantages to sending him to private also. 8k was completely unplanned but it removed the unknown and guaranteed he would get the education he needs.
At work I see the kids with zero resources everyday and an easy 50% will have zero progress this fall without being in a classroom. The equality gap will get much much wider.

Spike elk

WKR
Da
Too bad Texas and Florida flared up and people there are now dieing. It was better when politicians had all the answers and they could just blame liberals in liberal states. That didn't pan out to well...

Damn Texas and Florida. Together they have killed off almost 10,000 people because they are so heartless and re-opened early. Gee whiz, those two red states added together, are still 22,000 dead people behind Cuomo and New York. The top 12 states with the highest number of deaths per million are all blue. The top 6 states in total deaths are all libs. By numbers you are looking at over 60,000 dead people in the top 6 before you even get to PA who is just ahead of Michigan.

Love it when the media and libs try to "Covid shame" red states. Go ahead and add up death totals by blue and red states then get back to me and tell me how much conservatives are killing people. I'll wait.

Trial153

WKR
Da

Damn Texas and Florida. Together they have killed off almost 10,000 people because they are so heartless and re-opened early. Gee whiz, those two red states added together, are still 22,000 dead people behind Cuomo and New York. The top 12 states with the highest number of deaths per million are all blue. The top 6 states in total deaths are all libs. By numbers you are looking at over 60,000 dead people in the top 6 before you even get to PA who is just ahead of Michigan.

Love it when the media and libs try to "Covid shame" red states. Go ahead and add up death totals by blue and red states then get back to me and tell me how much conservatives are killing people. I'll wait.

Check back in 60 days, red and blue will be purple. Bye bye

Spike elk

WKR
Check back in 60 days, red and blue will be purple. Bye bye

That is what they have been saying since March. It is all over. We are all going to die. Well all .36% of us who get infected. That means only 99.64% of those infected will survive.

FLS

WKR
Da

That shit came south with folks getting the hell out as soon as they could.

That shit came south with folks getting the hell out as soon as they could.
Yep...
We were at the beach 1st week of June, same place we been going for last 10 yrs...I saw more NY, CT, NJ, MD, PA, ID, IL, TN plates than I ever had at that time of year...I have multiply friends with rental properties at the beach all booked thru Sept all out state bookings. I dont blame them I would get the hell too...Over 10k in Charleston proper and my county hasn't broke 1k yet. You cant tell me it's not a factor.

Last edited:

Russp17

WKR
My wife and I already decided that if it's either all distance learning or a even part time schedule we will hire a tutor.
Looking like it will 20 hours a week for both children if it's a total wash out, part time ....we will cut back 10 hours.

Even with her working from her home office it's too much trying to work and home school the kids at the same time.

Yeah we are going hire a nanny, and we will work from home. I think we can keep the nanny to about 20-25 hours a week and work our 40 with us taking turns. What a mess this entire thing is.

Trial153

WKR
Yeah we are going hire a nanny, and we will work from home. I think we can keep the nanny to about 20-25 hours a week and work our 40 with us taking turns. What a mess this entire thing is.
Yea it's a cluster for sure. No answers from this guy, just doing the best we can with this hand

FLS

WKR
Yep...
We were at the beach 1st week of June, same place we been going for last 10 yrs...I saw more NY, CT, NJ, MD, PA, ID, IL, TN plates than I ever had at that time of year...I have multiply friends with rental properties at the beach all booked thru Sept all out state bookings. I dont blame them I would get the hell too...Over 10k in Charleston proper and my county hasn't broke 1k yet. You cant tell me it's not a factor.
I live near a “ hotspot”. I work for a utilies contractor, Wife’s a nurse. We’ve gone to work every day since it started. We both interact with lots of different folks. I travel for work all over NC/ SC. Neither of us personally know anyone that’s tested positive. Wierd...

Last edited:

Sled

WKR
red or blue, all i know is my kids are sitting out for a few weeks while the experiment verifies or doesn't.

the most dangerously incompetent people around are those that don't know what they don't know.