Scope for a henry survival 22?

mtnbob

FNG
I have a Henry Survival 22 on its way to me. Wondering about a scope. The barrel fits into the stock so a scope would have to be removed every time I packed it away. Any suggestions?

2ski

WKR
I wouldn't put optics on it then. If you have to remove them, I would think you'd need to sight it in every time you take off the optics.

I had a mount for my AR7 that had thumb screws and returned to zero reasonably well. That was 30+ years ago so I don’t know what’s out there now.

OP
mtnbob

mtnbob

FNG
That's interesting. Most people are telling me that I just need to learn to be accurate with the iron sights. Which makes sense unless there is a way to mount and unmount and zero very easily.

OP
mtnbob

mtnbob

FNG
Yes, it is one that I'm looking at. It has to be something that goes on and off easily, since the gun breaks down and fits in its own stock.

22lr

WKR
Any set of quality QD rings will return you to zero, they are just going to be expensive ($100ish+).

rayporter

WKR
it is under rimfires on the henry site.
a red dot will probably be as accurate as any scope can be because of the barrel nut.
buds had then listed last week.

rayporter

WKR
buds also listed a savage that was a wood stocked copy. basically the old marlin papoose. the barrel comes off the same as the henry except you cant store it in the stock.

This is a rifle I throw quarters into the air and put holes through. It is a rifle I can 10/10 V ring at 100 yards, 75 yards, 50 yards with stock sights.

I only recently decided to upgrade it as health reasons keep me home and I have a range on my property so needn't tear it down anymore.

Put some high tunnel rings on it so you can still use the stock sights, pick a decent scope for your needs, level it, dope it, mark the picatinny rail perfectly after doing the above. You shouldn't need more than 1 shot to see if you're on or not at 50 yards. Don't over think this one.