Scope for Tikka 300WSM Superlite that can be mounted fairly low and best mounts for the job

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looking at a Tract Toric in 2x10 with a 42mm obj. I'd like to mount it as low as reasonably possible. I will likely get a new stock and certainly a new stock design could change things a bit but I am curios as to thoughts about a good strong low profile mounting system no matter which stock I get.

If I don't get the Tract I will get something very similar. I was initially looking at a Leupold VX6 in 2x12 but it is a 30MM tube. I realize there is not much difference in 30mm and 1 inch but the Tract is cheaper also and with the money I could save I could pick up a McMillian Game Hunter stock.

So-opinions on the Tract scope and a good low mounting system?

I have some 1” Tikka sportsmatch rings i might let go if you go that route , i ended up using talleys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

norcan

FNG
Sportsmatch rings. Uses the integral rail on the Tikka
Not too heavy, either.
This is the 30-mm high-mount set; the lower ones are probably under 100 grams. I’ve been very happy with them. Can’t imagine a more reliable way to mount a scope to a Tikka receiver.

1653294433284.jpeg

Edit: The medium-height 1" rings for Tikka (TO48C) have a claimed weight of 102 g, and I have no reason to doubt that. The 30 mm ones are listed as being a touch lighter at 98 g.

Last edited:

norcan

FNG
@DLIP
Hawkins rings are awesome, but I don't think they offer anything in 1" diameter, plus their Tikka rings screw into the receiver top instead of using the integral dovetail.