Scope Help for 280ai to shoot to 800 yrds

I have a 280ai and currently have a vortex LH at max of 15x. I picked up a NF 4.5-20x50 nxs on a trade I couldnt pass up and thought that was the way go to go. After getting it mounted I am second guessing it big time. I knew they were heavy but had no idea how heavy it was going to make this rifle feel. its built to be light and even scoped with the LH and a 26" carbon barrel was under 8 now its over 9! Looking for suggestions. I looked at the z5 but learned if go with their BT only get 13.5 moa adjusments which gets me to 700. Shooting 143 HHs now at 3180 and probably going to work on a 162-168 grain bullet soon in a ABLR, ELD or Berger I should get 3000 fps. thanks guys. Will def have a NF for sale soon. lol

Sounds like we have similar ackley builds, I went with the Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18 and couldn’t be happier. One of the lightest scopes in its class. 26 ounces if I remember right. Total weight with bipod, sling and 4 rounds is a touch over 10 pounds.

OP
B
I was looking at that one too and will look again at the reticle choices I do love to be able to hold into wind vs dialing wind.

Are you wanting more than 15x?
I to am running the LH on my Kimber 280ai. Have only shot it once past 200yds. That was a 650yd shot just using holdover with the reticle. Need to get back on it this spring and verify my dope and gonna try the dialing option. See how well that will work. Don't really care that I have to take cap off to do that though. But not wanting to put anything heavier on that lightweight Kimber. (6.62# scoped w/ sling fully loaded and 4 extra rds)