Scope mounting question (height)...

So I have a Tikka tX3 lite in 7mm rem mag. Currently mounted with a Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44. I have it mounted with an EGW picatinny 0 moa rail and the Vortex pro rings in medium. The scope sits too high for me to get a good cheek weld currently. I was thinking about getting some Talley lightweights in low, but I can't figure out how much height of scope I would lose by looking at specs online.

Anyone have any personal experience with either of these set ups? Any other rings I should be looking at instead of the Talley's? I know I can get a comb pad to raise the height, but it seems like scope mount may be the easiest place to start? Thanks all.

Wapiti1

WKR
They mount directly to the receiver, so yes, they are lower by the thickness of the add-on rail you have.

Jeremy

• Banned
OP
zion zig zag
I picked up the Sportsmatch T084 from Airguns of Arizona and mounted everything up this morning. One thing I couldn't find an answer to was about the recoil lug. The lug pin on the scope ring doesn't fit tight in the recoil lug on the tikka reciever, so I slid the pin against the front (towards the muzzle) of the recoil and held it there while I tightened the base. Is that correct? Thanks

Scope is perfect height now, cheek weld is so much easier. Thanks for the suggestions.