Scope Mounts... Which ones?

Recently I've used Badger Ordnance, Seekings and Burris tac series. All of them are over engineered and none of them were light. If I was looking for another I'd go with a Leupy DD as said by others.

IdahoBeav

WKR
S&K's or Leupold DD's for sure. The weight savings Talley lightweights give you are not worth it IMO. On my rifles I want 100% dependability from my components. I have had Talley lightweight rings fail and I know others that have had the same issue.

These rings were mounted and lapped by a very well known gunsmith on my 300SAUM Rem Ti, and no, they were not mounted improperly or over tightened.
As I mentioned, I know others that have had this same issue, so IMO it is not worth the tiny amount of weight savings. Issues like this "could" ruin a shot on a trophy animal. The crack is bigger than it appears in the picture.

IMG_1286.jpg

These are my favorites now. Light, clean looking, no stress on the scope tube, strong and simple.

IMG_2038.jpg

RicksCamera307.jpg

I am giving you my experiences and I wont get into this argument again as I have before and it goes nowhere. For some reason when you speak of Talley rings failing some folks get offended. I had good luck with Talley LW's rings(owned 10-12 sets) up until the above picture was taken and chose not to use them anymore after that. I still use Talley steel split rings on some of my rifles and love them for those applications.

Good luck and IMO choose wisely :cool:
How do you get those rings over the scope tube? They look like they're one piece.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

YBPS

WKR
S&K are nice. I did have a set slip tough. I am partial to nightforce ultra light for big mags that I take hunting.

DRUSS

WKR
The S&K are split at the bottom. You spread them apart then push back together. I have a pair on my 280AI and my 30/06AI. They are 1 pc

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk