Scope Packaging

scope cover if you've got one, multiple layers of bubble wrap, and a sturdy box that is about the right size. Use more bubble wrap, peanuts or paper to tighten things up and fill the box. Close the box, shake vigorously, if you can detect movement continue to add cushioning material until that thing is packed tight. Then tape that thing up well and ship it insured.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I've done it several times. Lots of bubble wrap then packed in a nest of crumpled up newspaper so it dosent migrate to the sides of the box during shipping. I've never had an issue.

Wrap a layer of bubble wrap around the scope, and tape it. Then put it into a large box with either foam peanuts, or plastic shopping bags that are balled up. I use the plastic shopping bags, balled up and packed into the box all around the scope. You can just keep squeezing them in there, and it will cushion the scope really well. They weigh nothing, don't cost anything, and really cushion it well.

Last edited:
If you know any architect / engineering offices around you can get the hard cardboard roll tube that the blueprint paper comes on. It's perfect for that.
Or got to Lowe's & get a 4" or 6" PVC pipe or get a piece from a plumber