Scope Question (SWARO, NF, ZEISS)

Hi guys. I'm getting a custom 300 PRC built and I'm having a tough time choosing the rifle scope to top it with. I'd like an 18-20X scope. I'm between the Swarovski Z6 3-18, the Nightforce NX8 2.5-20, The Nightforce SHV 20X and the Zeiss Conquest 6. 3-18X.

I typically like a Plex reticle and I like to dial (don't like the NF MOAR reticle that much, but I'm open to giving it a shot). So the most important thing to me is that the scope tracks well

I've ranked my parameters
1 - Tracking Reliability
2 - Durability
3 - Glass Quality
4 - weight

Any help or additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I'd go swarovski. I have a z8i and have had zero issues with it. I have a dials. They are clean crisp and return to zero with no problems.

Are you shooting in any competitions? If not, dude, you should! They are fun and a great way to learn your rifle. With that said, I never dial for wind and prefer a covered or locking windage turret. However, I like the MOAR-T reticle for the windage holds.

Knoxp

Lil-Rokslider
All of these are on my list as well. Very hard to narrow down.

Huntsalot

FNG
I have a NX8 2.5-20 on the way. Every person I spoke to that actually owned one, was a big fan. Durability and tracking were my only concerns. Hopefully I'll be able to report back soon.

I’ve got a couple of NF, a NX8 and a NXS and a couple of Swarovski Z5s. I like the wind marks on the NFs and feel like the turrets have better clicks, but the Swarovskis have better glass.
The NFs are on my long range target guns and the Swarovski are on hunting rifles.

I really don’t think you can go wrong with either.

Sadler

WKR
I have the NX8 2-20 F1 and really like it, although I did just order the small 2-10 nxs in order to cut some weight on my hunting rifle.

Hi guys. I'm getting a custom 300 PRC built and I'm having a tough time choosing the rifle scope to top it with. I'd like an 18-20X scope. I'm between the Swarovski Z6 3-18, the Nightforce NX8 2.5-20, The Nightforce SHV 20X and the Zeiss Conquest 6. 3-18X.

I typically like a Plex reticle and I like to dial (don't like the NF MOAR reticle that much, but I'm open to giving it a shot). So the most important thing to me is that the scope tracks well

I've ranked my parameters
1 - Tracking Reliability
2 - Durability
3 - Glass Quality
4 - weight

Any help or additional suggestions would be greatly appreciated
I've owned quite a few higher end scopes including an NX8 4-32.
There's a few things you should know about it before buying.
Short tube length and 8x zoom causes all kinds of optical issues
The parallax is incredibly sensitive and difficult to get a clear image.
Glass quality is mediocre and distortion is high in low light
The eye box is also one of the tightest I've used, in short I feel like the nx8 is a huge miss.
There are better optics in the $2200 price range including the NXS

I've owned quite a few higher end scopes including an NX8 4-32.
There's a few things you should know about it before buying.
Short tube length and 8x zoom causes all kinds of optical issues
The parallax is incredibly sensitive and difficult to get a clear image.
Glass quality is mediocre and distortion is high in low light
The eye box is also one of the tightest I've used, in short I feel like the nx8 is a huge miss.
There are better optics in the $2200 price range including the NXS
I agree, the NX8 is the worst scope NF makes on a performance vs dollar standpoint. Sure it's reliable and lighter than an ATACR but that's all it has going for it.

I'd bet if you gave 10 people a chance to use the entire NF lineup for a day of real shooting and keep one of their choice, there would be 10 NX8's left on the table at the end of the day.