Scope Recommendation

samc

Lil-Rokslider
Hi Everyone!
I just bought a new rifle (Bergara Premier Series Stalker in .300 Win Mag) and am looking for scope recommendations. I would like to stay below $1000, but might go just over for the right one. I am considering the Leupold VX-5 and the Nightforce SVH so far. I like the simplicity of the Leupold scopes as I think I would have a really steep learning curve with some of the other scope adjustment systems. Thanks!

gbflyer

WKR
Leupold has a bad reputation for dialing. Maybe the new stuff is a little better. Often times they place more importance on weight savings than a rock solid adjustment system. If you’re a set and forget then they have been hard to beat for a long time.

Nightforce on the other hand has a solid reputation for knob - turners. The extra weight being the penalty.

Pick your poison I guess.

bowtech840

Lil-Rokslider
How far are you wanting to shoot? Sub 500 I’d forget the dialing and get a scope with bdc reticle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUNTER100

Lil-Rokslider
Leupold has a bad reputation for dialing. Maybe the new stuff is a little better. Often times they place more importance on weight savings than a rock solid adjustment system. If you’re a set and forget then they have been hard to beat for a long time.

Nightforce on the other hand has a solid reputation for knob - turners. The extra weight being the penalty.

Pick your poison I guess.

Well put.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I would look into the Burris veracity also. I have one and really like it. Tracks well, glass is pretty good and they're not too expensive.