Scope recommendations for Bergara 300 win mag

Currently only have one other rifle that I run a “nice” scope on and it’s a Burris. Looking for some other options that people have had success with. This will be a strictly western hunting gun.

Must haves:
Quality glass
Zero stop
Mil mil
Preferably ffp but feel free to argue otherwise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
As a long standing supporting vendor on this forum it would be our pleasure to discuss options and special opportunities with you. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, if you have a few minutes

How is the glass on the nx8? Never really had a chance to get behind a nf yet

Its pretty poor for the price, I tried to love my NX8 4-32 but it honestly had so many drawbacks that it drove me nuts. I sold it 6 months later.
If you're looking for good glass in a compact package check out the mk5 3.6-18x44, great mil reticles and its only 25 oz.
If you're on a budget look into the Bushnell LRTS
If you're wanting really really good glass and you don't mind spending $3000 look into the March FX 4.5-28×52.
I've been running one since spring and it's one another level compared to NF etc.

Luke1911

FNG
How is the glass on the nx8? Never really had a chance to get behind a nf yet

It is ED glass but i feel it is not up to par with the ATACRs as far as light gathering, 30mm vs 34mm. I run FFP ATACRs on all my rifles. The eye box is small at high mag as would be expected with an 8x erector, but most hunting situations would not need 20x power.

OP
thefckncaveman
Without a budget or weight goal or any other info I’d say

1) Zero Compromise 4-20
2) Tangent Theta 3-15
3) Used/demo Kahles 5-25

for more of a budget conscious setup

4) Leupold Mk5
5) Vortex AMG
6) Used/demo Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42

Sorry forgot to include I would like to keep it under $3000 at my max. As far as weight is concerned under 30 oz would be great considering it’s going on an already “heavy” gun

OP
thefckncaveman
It’s looking like the mk5 3.6-18x44 is the front runner so far. Don’t have much experience with leupold in terms of their quality. How well do they track? Is the rtz accurate?

It’s looking like the mk5 3.6-18x44 is the front runner so far. Don’t have much experience with leupold in terms of their quality. How well do they track? Is the rtz accurate?

I've owned two mk5s, the 3.6-18 and 5-25
I shot both exclusively for 3 years and cranked the dials constantly.
Both were perfect when I did tall target tests, and RTZ was solid.
I'm not a Leupold fan boy at all but they got it right with the mk5

OP
thefckncaveman
I've owned two mk5s, the 3.6-18 and 5-25
I shot both exclusively for 3 years and cranked the dials constantly.
Both were perfect when I did tall target tests, and RTZ was solid.
I'm not a Leupold fan boy at all but they got it right with the mk5

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the info I appreciate it!

I too am a Bergara and 300 win mag fan. Not to argue the MarkV, because it's a killer scope, but if you'd be interested in saving some coin, I've had an amazing experience thus far with Tract. I have two of their Toric scopes and 2 of their discontinued Tekoa scopes. Check out the reviews on the 4-20 MRAD 30mm tube scope. Might be just what you need as it meets all of your requirements. I've compared side by side with Zeiss and Swaro in low light and the glass is phenomenal. Tracking is rock solid and the feel of the turrets is as good as I've felt. The downside is they are a newer smaller company, and not many people can compare with Leupold for weight savings, but the quality for the price is crazy.