Scope ring height question-Vortex Viper PST 5-25 on Christensen Arms MPR

Looking to mount Vortex Viper PST II 5-25 x 50 with covers on Christensen Arms MPR. I’m looking at the Seekins/Vortex precision rings. I haven’t been able to find any rings in stock near me to test height so I’ll be ordering online. Anyone happen to know if I would have clearance on the medium height or would I need the high ones?

Thanks for any advice!!!

kickemall

WKR
You should be fine with mediums. I mounted an NX8 on mine with lows and had plenty of clearance. However, I had to switch to highs because I couldn't get low enough on the gun to see through the scope. When I called Hawkins they said on most chassis guns you need highs or extra highs.

Kentk

FNG
I used the high ones to mount my PST. The gentleman that helped me suggested to go high with any 50mm glass and it worked great for me. Not sure what the down side would be to go a bit higher rather than chance it with the medium.

oldgrowth

Lil-Rokslider
Going higher can cause your cheek weld on the stock to be less than ideal. That said, going with the higher rings can be a little more comfortable for some people. Just depends on the person and the gun. I used to go as low as possible to the barrel but now I am finding I like the scope a little higher. It makes it more comfortable for me to get behind the glass (less neck fatigue).

The chassis has plenty of height rang. My AMG rides in Vortex 1.26 highs on the MPR and is very comfortable to shoot. No reason to place it as low as possible in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to find the hang of the scope (OD of bell - OD of tube)/2, and then add your hang plus desired surface clearance (1/8"-1/4") to get your desired scope height. Then take any base height and subtract that from the desired scope height. (The clearance on an MPR is a little more generous than a continuous top rail like an AR, but not by much. You'll want to subtract this extra little bit of hang from the desired scope height. On an AR, this would be zero, on a more traditional rifle it will be greater than on an MPR)

Find the ring height from top of pic mount to bottom of cradle that will give you the measurement closest to the resulting measurement.

There is no "standard" for ring heights in the industry.

HutchWV

FNG
What height did you end up needing? I am putting about the same scope on an mpr as well.

HutchWV

FNG
You should be fine with mediums. I mounted an NX8 on mine with lows and had plenty of clearance. However, I had to switch to highs because I couldn't get low enough on the gun to see through the scope. When I called Hawkins they said on most chassis guns you need highs or extra highs.
was that on an mpr as well?