Scope rings and suppressors

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
For those with suppressors, did you find you had to move up in ring height with Your scope ring combo? I’ve got the Hawkins long range hybrids in low 30mm and a 20” barrel. Mounted everything up and screwed my suppressor on. The bottom third of my scope is suppressor. Hoping going up in ring height will fix this? Or is it the cant built into the rings? Or a combo of both?

Last edited:

Wapiti1

WKR
You will need taller rings, and probably a cheek rest. I'd talk with Hawkins, if you go with them again, to get the right measurements off your rifle for ring height.

Jeremy

pirogue

WKR
For those with suppressors, did you find you had to move up in ring height with Your scope ring combo? I’ve got the Hawkins long range hybrids in low 30mm and a 20” barrel. Mounted everything up and screwed my suppressor on. The bottom third of my scope is suppressor. Or is it the cant built into the rings?
Don’t know what suppressor you got, but if you see that much scope, that much cant must have been designed by a blind person, or you got THIRTY yard range instead of long range.

msstate56

Lil-Rokslider
Seriously. I’ve got 3.6x on low power scopes, and I don’t see any part of my suppressor on a 24” barrel. What suppressor are you using?

OP
B

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
Rifle: Bergara Ridge Wilderness .308 20"
Scope: Nikon M5 3-12x42
Rings: Hawkins Long Range Hybrid Lows 30mm (25 MOA)
Suppressor: YHM Resonator (original)

OP
B

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
Bushnell LRTS in Low seekins rings on Badger Ordnance 20MOA Rail.

22" Barrel with TBAC Ultra-7 with Armageddon Gear Cover

On 3x
View attachment 208303

On 4x
View attachment 208304

Those photos exaggerate the amount of suppressor that I see when I'm on the gun. Without the cover, it's really just a slim faint shadow on 3x.

that first pic is about what mine looks like. I have the MOA reticle and it definitely covers 5 or so of the lower MOA lines.

OP
B

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
i was going to have to buy an aftermarket cheek riser with the lows anyway so i think i'm going to purchase the Hawkins Highs to try out.

OP
B

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
Tried the Hawkins long range hybrid highs and still have the suppressor in view on 3-5x magnification.
Thinking I’m gonna have to go with a non-canted system.

Open to ring suggestions and which height to start with. Objective lens would suggest lows but thinking should start with medium or high since I’m having this issue?

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
I have a SHV mounted in low rings (Warne) With a 20 MOA rail on a Remington 700 with a SilencerCo Hybrid-46 and do not notice the suppressor in the scope view.