Scope rings Cooper Backcountry m92

Hi all. I just got a cooper backcountry m92 left hand 7mm rem mag. I have a leupold VX5HD I was going to throw on it. I have used Talley lightweight one piece rings on my Tikka and Weatherby, but the cooper came with Warne bases attached. Any recommendations for rings for that setup? I guess options are weaver style vs take off the bases and use a one piece like Talley?

Thanks
Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North61

Lil-Rokslider
I have started putting Talley's on everything light weight. Light weight and if you don't gorilla arm the installation very durable.

ChrisAU

WKR
Thanks. So you just pulled off the warne bases and put on the talleys? I wonder why they sell these with the bases included.

Yes sir that’s it. Mine have been sitting in the safe since the day I got the rifle.

OP
ryjack70ss
Talleys for me. A rail or heavy rings just don’t go with the M92 imo.
View attachment 284319

Also, what caliber you get and what scope is that? I wanted 280ai but couldn’t wait any longer so got the 7mm rem mag. It should do everything the 280ai does, but has been easier to get ammo as of late.

ChrisAU

WKR
Also, what caliber you get and what scope is that? I wanted 280ai but couldn’t wait any longer so got the 7mm rem mag. It should do everything the 280ai does, but has been easier to get ammo as of late.

It is a 280AI with a Swarovski Z5 2.4-12x50. Absolutely love it. Took my first elk with it in 2019, though I had an SWFA 3-9x42 on it then. But it was also in Talley’s. I actually have some 30mm Low Talleys that I have never opened if you’re interested, shoot me a PM. Assume you are using a 42 or 44mm VX-5HD?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Talley lightweights on my 92 280AI as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

choovhntr

WKR
Warne makes the mountain tactical rings also that would work with those bases. TPS also make rings that would work with the warne bases.

mmac

WKR
Same here, pulled the Warne and replaced with Talley on all my coopers.

I just bought some Vortex PMR rings to mount my VX5hd. They are fairly light (only slightly heavier than the talleys) and definitely super strong. I would definitely recommend them for anything with magnum recoil.