Scope rings for Tikka t3x

Lochtsa71

Lil-Rokslider
What rings do you suggest for a Tikka t3x with a Zeiss V4 4x16x44?
Please include the ring height I should I order.
The rifle is chambered in 6.5 creedmoor.
I shoot alot and I'm not too concerned if they aren't the lightest, I want strength, durability, and hassle free.
Thanks in advance!

TxxAgg

WKR
I like the Warne rings that attach directly to the receiver. If not those then use Talleys. The talley lows will work with that scope. The warnes will be mediums

edit to add that I know they will work for that objective size and a 1" tube. I haven't tried it with a 30mm tube.

Last edited:
OP
L

Lochtsa71

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you, I appreciate it.
I'm considering the talleys or dnz grim reaper.

I would use Talley's or DNZ Game Reapers. Sorry I don't have any experience with the 30mm tube. You can message either company and they will tell you which ones you need.

I have the same scope on my 6.5 and use low Talley lightweights. Not sure if they are the strongest or anything, but I have no complaints about them.

mt100gr.

WKR
The direct mount Hawkins Precision rings are excellent. Bertram Brass sells them. I have them on a T3x 6.5 with a 42mm objective scope and I think you'd be fine with 'low' height.

JGRaider

WKR
Sportsmatch are superb, and mount directly to the rail, using no bases. That is the setup I much prefer over rings that require bases.

Rob5589

WKR
Warne on my two. One set directly on the factory rail, the other on a Mountain Tactical rail.

I went with the low height dnz game reaper mounts. I’m running a tikka t3x 300wm and the same scope! The clearance came out perfect. Here is a picture of the setup. Notice the ring caps aren’t on as I was just checking clearance before final assembly.
4007b8b8713fa660a80172294b85bc9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for DNZ. I used them on my last tikka. Used rail and rings on my first. Total weight of the DNZ is about the same as rail and rings and they are cheaper.

renagde

WKR
Hawkins hybrid from Bertram. I like that they have 25 moa and a level built in. I don't think you'll get lighter or stronger with that feature set.

Area 419 rail and some Hawkins lows.

Any idea on the weight combination of those two? I got low hybrids but i've since found out that the rail/rings combo actually sits lower.

Lawnboi

WKR
Any idea on the weight combination of those two? I got low hybrids but i've since found out that the rail/rings combo actually sits lower.

I couldn’t tell you the weight, not much,not willing to tear it down. The area 419 rail is definetly the lowest tikka rail Iv found, and its finished very nicely. You can go even lower with other rings as well. I still prefer the rail setup over the hybrids.

xziang

WKR
I went with the low height dnz game reaper mounts. I’m running a tikka t3x 300wm and the same scope! The clearance came out perfect. Here is a picture of the setup. Notice the ring caps aren’t on as I was just checking clearance before final assembly.
4007b8b8713fa660a80172294b85bc9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the lens diameter on your scope? 50mm. I purchased a 50mm nikin and deciding what dnz height i need to go with. Thanks..