Scope rings

KY_coop

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered a trijicon credo 4-16x50 to put on a savage 110 tactical for a mix of hunting/target shooting use. While I won't be backcountry hunting with this rifle I would still like to keep it lightweight as I can. The two sets of rings I was thinking was the warne mountain techs and I've heard good thing about some of the vortex rings. Is there any sense in looking elsewhere for rings? I'm unsure of what the vortex rings are made of but the Warnes are made out of aluminum which should work well with the aluminum 20 moa rail on the rifle. As far as height to clear a 50 mm bell, would medium height rings be enough? Or should I go with high. Thanks for any input or help.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
I use Nightforce low with a 56mm bell. Cut the excess rail in front of the action or file down the front block so you can slide the scope back a bit further for eye relief. Scope bell to barrel has decent clearance, the rail was the problem for me.

OP
K

KY_coop

Lil-Rokslider
I use Nightforce low with a 56mm bell. Cut the excess rail in front of the action or file down the front block so you can slide the scope back a bit further for eye relief. Scope bell to barrel has decent clearance, the rail was the problem for me.
Do you also have a savage tactical?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk