Scope rings

Solenya

FNG
Hey everyone first time poster, usually a lurker.

I am setting up a B14 ridge in 270 with a Trijicon credo 4-16x50. I have never mounted my own scopes in the past and I am unsure of what to get as far as rings. I have been looking at the talley rings in medium size but they also make a 20 moa ring.

Setup is primarily for hunting out to 500ish but would enjoy plinking sometimes. I'm not sure if I would have issues with 100 yard hunting shots with the 20 moa rings? Sorry this might be a little basic but I just want to make sure I am getting the correct thing. Thanks in advance.

Wapiti1

WKR
No. I've broken enough aluminum Talleys. Thier steel rings are good, but the integral aluminum......not so good.

There are several ways to go. EGW rail with quality rings like Warne Mountain Tech (not their vertical split rings), or Weaver 4 hole Tactical. Anything Hawkins makes for the Rem 700 will fit the Bergara as well. DNZ integral are also good.

Do you need 20 MOA? No. You'll have plenty of adjustment with that scope to get past 500 yards for plinking. It is better to keep the adjustment of the scope more centered if you don't need the extra elevation correction. Scopes, even top end ones, don't work as well at the extremes of travel, so why invite possible issues?

Jeremy

Nick992

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Talleys. That 2 moa rail raises your line of sight and can disrupt a good cheek weld.

thewileyone

Lil-Rokslider
I agree… Talley is the only way to go. I generally ordered through Buds Guns because when they say it’s in stock… had a few issues with other companies lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk