Scope rings

hunthard

FNG
Well I just bought a new rifle today, ended up with a Tikka light in 7mm Rem Mag. The tikka came with scope rings, was wondering if anybody runs these rings on there rifle and how they hold up, or should I get something else?

The are aluminum rings. I use them, but have not abused them..I think they r good if u r ok with aluminum.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I stuck with them when I purchased my Tikka 10 years ago with no complaints or issues with them.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
My best friend bought the exact same gun this morning and I told him to just use the Tikka rings. I have used them with good success. Nothing wrong with the Talleys either though. He is going to be putting a VX3 4.5-14x50 on his.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Warne makes tikka rings that are cheaper than Talley's and very strong.

jcampton

FNG
Hunthard, good luck with your new rifle. I just purchased the same rifle/caliber. If the tikka rings were black I probably would have used them. I've heard good things about talley rings. I just ordered a one piece talley scope mount so I could get my hands on it. It bolts to the top of the reciever with 4 screws. Not sure if I should stick with the dovetail style rings. I'am kind of second guessing myself. Has anyone used the one piece talley set-up? Is the dovetail style stronger?

jherald

WKR
There is a company called Near Mfg. that produces one piece ring/mount. They are out of canada. Don't know if they make them for Tikka though.