Scope selection 2 Credo HX’s vs Leupold vx-3hd

I am putting together my first hunting rifle (Tikka T3x superlite; 6.5 creedmoor) and need some help with scope selection. I am looking at the three scopes below and could use some advice. Based on these prices, what do you all think is the best option?

After doing a ton of research i was thinking of going with the Leupold vx-3hd (i lean toward the smaller objective and lighter weight). Then I stumbled across these two Trijicons as well. Of particular note is the 6-16x50 due to the price at eurooptic.

What would you all go with? I will be hunting whitetail in the Northeast and will rarely shoot out over 500yards.

56712F74-F613-4B0B-A7AC-70A1AA6A33E0.png

You can get a much better price on the leupold if you look around. I personally would do the credo 2.5-15

OP
Keep in mind the Leupold is a little pricier because it has the parallax adjustment vs other 3HDs that do not.

Rob5589

WKR
I have a Credo 4-16x50. Great scope so far but, it's a honkin beast sitting up top.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
You may want to add the Tenmile HX 3-18x50 to the mix given its cheaper than the Credo 2.5-15:

Take a look at the subtensions in the MOA Center Dot reticle, and then check out the MRAD Center Dot reticle. Your eyes will probably prefer one or the other

I have the first Credo you have listed there. A very dependable scope. What you dial is what you get in my experience. Tracks well.

OP
For whitetails in the NE I would prefer a lower mag on the bottom end for FOV. At least here in PA.
That makes sense. Do you think 4+ mag is a bit high for the low end magnifiaction?

Thanks for the insight to everyone that commented. Im a bit surprised to see the $680 Credo HX not getting a lot of love. I wasnt so sure the other Credo (or tenmile for that matter) was bringing another $200 of value to the table.

wildcat33

WKR
The best deals are the credo 4-16 mil and the 3-18 tenmile. Same scope as far as I can tell, just different mag ranges. I have two of the credo’s and like them, a poor man’s NXS imo.

Edit: the tenmile comes with tenaebrex covers, that’s worth 100 right there.

Last edited:
That makes sense. Do you think 4+ mag is a bit high for the low end magnifiaction?

Thanks for the insight to everyone that commented. Im a bit surprised to see the $680 Credo HX not getting a lot of love. I wasnt so sure the other Credo (or tenmile for that matter) was bringing another $200 of value to the table.

Personally for PA I would rather have a 2-12 or 3-12 than a 4-14. I have buddies that shoot a lot of deer here with low power scopes like 1-6 just for the wide FOV. Although if I was really going to want to shoot out to 500 I would want more than 6x. Farthest shot I ever took in PA though was probably like 150 yards.

I really like the Leupold's iv got there lower freedom line and there vx5 and 6 hds cant go wrong with them

Credo 2.5-15x42 if you like a compact scope, Tenmile 3-18x50 if you don't mind a bigger one. Each will serve you very well. They also have great features for a good price.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
As a close out to this thread, I just purchased a Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x42 for $777 shipped. I think all things considered that is a great deal.
Where did you find that deal? That is $100 less than what I'm seeing on Eurooptic

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a 2.5-15x42 credo. I love everything about it, except the tunneling effect. It's like looking through a toilet paper tube. My pst gen II eyebox is so much better than the credo. And my burris xtr iii blows it out of of the water.