Scope slipping

OP
G

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
I can try to explain every step, but this isn’t my first scope installation. It’s the first to slip.
I have a torque wrench to check each screw. I cleaned all surfaces before putting them together. I also make sure the gaps are even on the top and bottom ring parts. I actually have feeler gauges to check the gaps. I also slowly tighten the screws alternating to each one.
What is different for me. My first magnum rifle. First set of Leupold backcountry rings. I usually use Talley.

OP
G

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
Would I have better results with the Hawkins hybrid one piece rings?

sndmn11

WKR
Would I have better results with the Hawkins hybrid one piece rings?
You would have a set of mounts that should never be a problem.

I would take your current mounts off completely, even the bases, and see if you can find a sheared or cracked screw, clean everything, and then remount. There should not be any reason what you currently have is inherently flawed due to materials or design, but this would be the cost free first step. If you find nothing broke, and remount properly only to see the same results, then @HawkinsPrecision should get your call and business. I would first try and solve the why of what is occurring because it could be a flaw in your process and it is free.

I can try to explain every step, but this isn’t my first scope installation. It’s the first to slip.
I have a torque wrench to check each screw. I cleaned all surfaces before putting them together. I also make sure the gaps are even on the top and bottom ring parts. I actually have feeler gauges to check the gaps. I also slowly tighten the screws alternating to each one.
What is different for me. My first magnum rifle. First set of Leupold backcountry rings. I usually use Talley.

How does the scope fit into the rings without the top caps on? Can you see any gaps between the rings and scope tube? Something doesn’t align or fit quite right. Could be the rings themselves also.

Always a chance it's the rings since you've done this before and haven't had issues. Plenty of grip with most scope rings, use a sharpie on the inside surface and a lapping bar, it'll tell you real quick if your contact area is limited. Or if you have an old/cheap scope you don't care about with respect to the finish, use said sharpie method and slide the scope back-and-forth with light friction. It'll tell you the same thing.