Scopes with Long Mounting Lengths (for non rail mounting)

AKMAN

Lil-Rokslider
What are some of the longer "mounting length" scopes out there?
These days, most of the objective ends seem to start tapering very early. This doesn't compliment no-base rings well on a long action.
I'm looking for something for a Weatherby MkV with Talley lightweight (fixed rings). I have a MkV with the Talley Rail (using QD rings) but its just a lot going on and want a simpler (and lighter approach this time).

My Browning Xbolt is set up as you state, Talley one piece rings with a 5x25x50 Burris Veracity Scope. Check the specs. I've been comparing other scopes to it as I've got another rifle to set up. I have a longer LOP and there was room to move the scope to find the perfect eye relief. Have another Browning Xbolt set up with a Tally rail and Seekins rings. Both work great. The one piece rings are lighter! I'm going to stick with the Burris Veracity it has worked great so far, tracks great, dials great, holds zero and the glass is as good as my eyes can use!

choovhntr

WKR
There are still some great options out there. Remember too that with the talley one piece, you can flip both the rear and front orientation around to make the mounting area closer together or further apart. I run an NXS on my 300 win mag and have no problem. I think you should look at what features you want, price, weight, closed vs exposed turrets first. It will shrink your choices down a lot and then look at how much mounting area the remaining scopes have. I will say you may have some issues with the nx8 2.5-20 but the 4-32 will work if those are two you are looking at.

Bater

WKR
Razor LHT’s and most NXS/NX8 work great with Hawkins/Talley’s on long actions, Zeiss V4’s not so much because of the jimungus ocular and early objective taper.

Lots of other options but you listed no scope perimeters so hard to know what to suggest. You dialing? What mag range? Price range?

Last edited: