Scopes

TLO176

FNG
I’m looking into getting a new scope for my rifle. What are some affordable scopes you guys are using?

OP
T

TLO176

FNG
I would like to stay under the $500 mark. Also looking for something that would be effective at 300-400 yards

Rodéo

WKR
I've been running the vortex razor hd lh line of scopes (3-15x42) and the tract tekoa 2-10x42. Both great on a .308 out to 300 yards. Crystal clear glass and under your price point. aaoptics has a good deal on the razors and tracts website should have some demo models of the tekoa scopes available at 30-40% off.

slaton

Lil-Rokslider
Athalon have been a good value for the money. Tracks good for me. I put on a savage 6.5 creedmoor I picked up cheap and for less than $800 I can bang steel out to 1000 yards. Probably find clearer glass but for a lot more money.
This is the one I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
Under 500 I like the Viper line. Something like to Viper HS 2.5-10 would fit your needs and budget. Give Doug at Cameralandny.com a call and he will get you hooked up.

rvanbw00

FNG
I went with the Sightron S-Tac 4x20x50. Tracks great, good audible clicks, decent glass for less than $500.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a Nikon prostaf p5 last year and love it. For some reason it seems like Nikon has dropped off in popularity and im
Not sure why? Every Nikon I’ve owned I haven’t had an issue. It’s weird Because a lot of guys don’t even bring up Nikon Anymore but out of the last 3 scopes I’ve bought 2 have been Nikon and 1 Leupold and even the cheapest Nikon I like better than the Leupold that was more Expensive. Give the prostaf p5 a look they dropped the price from what I paid last year. and are around 350 on sportsman’s guide for the 4-16x42 that’s what I have but they have a couple different magnification options

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything good or bad about hawke optics?.... lifetime warranty no questions asked,and reasonable price...just haven't heard much about them.

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
I love Tract. Absolutely excellent product with matching customer service, their Tekoa line is just outside your budget but the Turion is under budget and would be a great option as well.

Rich M

WKR
I'm running a Leupold VX-3i on my main rifle.

I have a 2-7x36 Viper on a diff rifle and like it.

There may be a used Leupold VX3 out there for that price. I really like the Boone & Crockett reticle I have on mine, a lot of holdover points built into it. If you download the Strelok app on your phone, you can plug in all the ballistic info and really dial in your setup.

Otherwise, I would recommend the Athlon products, if you go with their "higher end" models, you can get some stuff that's pretty comparable if not better than the Vortex products for the same price. They also have a lifetime warranty that's almost identical to Vortex if anyone is worried about that aspect. I've been very happy with my Athlon spotter.

Jpugs

Lil-Rokslider
leupold, meopta, vortex... plenty options for scopes in your price range to reach out to the distance you seek

sneaky

"DADDY"
Has anyone heard anything good or bad about hawke optics?.... lifetime warranty no questions asked,and reasonable price...just haven't heard much about them.
I've used their scopes and binos for years in various forms. Good glass for the money. Most of those budget line scopes come out of the same plants anyways.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk