Scoping the Tikka 22 creed..

270quest

WKR
Don't think I am going to be able to swing the $$ for the Zeiss I wanted for this rifle. So looking at a couple of Rokslide/24 hour campfire favorites - at least to some people. I know these two arent apples to apples, but want a strong dialing scope that can take some abuse. Mechanics are more important obvisouly, but like most, I still like to look thru good clear bright optics. If you had to pick one of these - which are you going for? BTW - I am looking at whats available now, so that eliminates a SWFA 6X or 3-9x42.

Arken EPL4 4-16X44

Athlon Helos - 2-12x42

My internet reading tells me the Athlon may be the better scope, but I sure like the looks of the reticle in the Arken better.

BLJ

WKR
I’ve personally had very good success with Athlon. Talos, Argos and Midas Tac have been very good at tracking and returning to zero.
They’ve never taken any big falls but the Midas Tacs have been dialed a lot and bounced off of barricades.
I have one Argos that stays in the truck. 75/25 backseat/bed. It’s been great.

amassi

WKR
SWFA 3-9 milquad mil/mil

Done.

Sincerely, it’s the turnkey option for the correct bullet delivered out of that chambering.

While I think we can all agree the super chickens are the easy button….
Until they have some modicum of inventory support it’s not much help recommending them on every scope thread.
Im still waiting on 2 back orders from Jan 23, used inventory is super low and typically sells quick and near retail. It’s like recommending rare cars for first time drivers.
Something else- we don’t know if they made any changes to the 6x or 3-9 that might change their reliability so maybe give a chance for a few to get to the wild first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amassi

WKR
Don't think I am going to be able to swing the $$ for the Zeiss I wanted for this rifle. So looking at a couple of Rokslide/24 hour campfire favorites - at least to some people. I know these two arent apples to apples, but want a strong dialing scope that can take some abuse. Mechanics are more important obvisouly, but like most, I still like to look thru good clear bright optics. If you had to pick one of these - which are you going for? BTW - I am looking at whats available now, so that eliminates a SWFA 6X or 3-9x42.

Arken EPL4 4-16X44

Athlon Helos - 2-12x42

My internet reading tells me the Athlon may be the better scope, but I sure like the looks of the reticle in the Arken better.

What’s your budget?

OP
270quest

270quest

WKR
I was looking at another 4-16x50 Zeiss which was going to be about 8-900…but now that budget is probably $500 max.

I would buy a SWFA 3-9x but I’m not waiting months and months to get one. I want to shoot this rifle this winter.

4cMuley

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been real curious about the Sightron S-Tac scopes. Specifically the 3-16. Not much out there on them but they seem to check a lot of boxes for me anyway

amassi

WKR
I was looking at another 4-16x50 Zeiss which was going to be about 8-900…but now that budget is probably $500 max.

I would buy a SWFA 3-9x but I’m not waiting months and months to get one. I want to shoot this rifle this winter.

I had a helos on a t1x 22, couldn’t get it to zero. Adjustments were all over the place and could tap them in like a 70s vintage red field. Can’t recommend it
No experience with the other one.
Redhawk rifles might have a zeiss Black Friday sale that gets you close to 500