Score this one

Tough to tell from the one picture. I think you are high, in my opinion. I'm thinking closer to 290. Kill him and then we will really know. Love his G4's!

jmez

WKR
I'm not very good at scoring but my buddy shot a 340 a couple years ago and it is quite a bit bigger than that one.

Don't think he has the 3's or a big enough 5s to go 330. I'm with the others in the 295-305 range.

So in other words. . .HE'S BIG ENOUGH!!!

BK Ammenwerth

Lil-Rokslider
I’d say around or slightly under 300. His 3rds are small, he’s not wide. His 4ths-6th are nice but just too narrow and lacking length on his 2nds and 3rds. Great looking bull. Doesn’t look like NorCal anywhere near the coast unless your way NE of Cresent City almost to Oregon on 199

elkguide

WKR
Nice Rosie. Looks young. I'd put him in the 305" - 310" range. It's late enough that he probably won't gain a lot more. That said, for Northern Cali, that's a nice bull. Now get out there, make a plan and get that big boy.

hobbes

WKR
300ish sounds closer to me, but do you really think he's got a month to go. Maybe a few weeks to a month before velvet removal, but I'd say they are near the end of growth. Maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:

mod700

Lil-Rokslider
Like others.... think he's in the upper 290 range, though the bigger size of the bodies might make it a little tougher to judge,.. he's book class, if that matters to you, as the min. for b & c is 275.
Mike

hobbes

WKR
Like others.... think he's in the upper 290 range, though the bigger size of the bodies might make it a little tougher to judge,.. he's book class, if that matters to you, as the min. for b & c is 275.
Mike

Maybe P&Y, but it takes about 100 more inches for B & C

My mistake....missed the "Rosie". B&C is 275 Awards and 290 All Time

Last edited:
OP
Jsn_leonard

Jsn_leonard

Lil-Rokslider
Mike
Agreed. I think most are forgetting that these bulls weigh between 900-1000lbs on the hoof

OP
Jsn_leonard

Jsn_leonard

Lil-Rokslider
What kind of measurements are you thinking JSN_? I have scored him twice and can't get over 305"
I’m basing my estimate solely off Bulls we have killed from the same heard with very similar genetics. I’m not physically counting estimated times length or mass. It’s hard because he is still in velvet and their bodies are so big. I can show ya some pics of bulls from years past that we had scored to see what I’m comparing this bull to. Or maybe I’m just way off!!