SD Archery

swiftni

FNG
Hi guys - new to antelope hunting. After researching online and a phone call with SD Game and Fish, I have no information on early archery pronghorn draw odds. Everyone seems to say it’s basically an OTC hunt, but the best info I could get from SDGF was to “call back closer to the draw”. Can someone shed some light on the archery draw process? Any encouraging stories are welcome too.

Pbast81

FNG
It’s over the counter. If you do an online application it takes 7-10 days for your tag to come in the mail or you can go to any SDGFP-Outdoors office and fill the app out online and they will print your tag for you there. Unless it’s changed from last year.

OP
swiftni

swiftni

FNG
It’s over the counter. If you do an online application it takes 7-10 days for your tag to come in the mail or you can go to any SDGFP-Outdoors office and fill the app out online and they will print your tag for you there. Unless it’s changed from last year.
Awesome, so they go on sale July 26 (the date fish and game gave me for the draw)?

Pbast81

FNG
Yes I would assume so. We just always go out during the week and stop at a game and fish office and buy them during the season. Good luck, archery hunting those things is a blast!

OP
swiftni

swiftni

FNG
Yes I would assume so. We just always go out during the week and stop at a game and fish office and buy them during the season. Good luck, archery hunting those things is a blast!
Thanks for the help!

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
Yes either apply and wait for the tag to come in the mail or do it all right there at the store. Learned that the hard way after we applied the week we were leaving then thought we could go into an office and get it printed out there. Turned into a 4 hour fiasco of calling a game warden who had to confirm we did not hunt at all then fill out an application for a replacement tag. Original tag did not show up in the mail until the day we got home and had to send that one back in.