SD Mule Deer Plan

KurtR

WKR
Well some areas with 10 plus inches of snow the rest with a couple inches of rain yesterday will make it foot only travel in a lot of places and that west river gumbo is always fun

OP
G

gzap16

FNG
Yeah we had to get out of there before that weather hit. We were in the area that got all the snow. Sucks that we had to cut the trip a little short but I had opportunities and learned a lot so I was pleased. Those roads are no joke.

Yeah we had to get out of there before that weather hit. We were in the area that got all the snow. Sucks that we had to cut the trip a little short but I had opportunities and learned a lot so I was pleased. Those roads are no joke.
Glad to hear that you had some opportunities. What type of deer did you have opportunities on? Does, small bucks, big bucks?

Beagle001

FNG
What does it cost to apply for the deer hunts Non resident
$286+ $25(?) habitat stamp

South Dakota was quite dry this year… almost as dry as when we hunted there in 2016. Definitely made for a challenge. We just so happened to be out the week the wind decided not to blow, which made it even harder. Still had a heck of a hunt, and plenty of close calls.

Don’t know when I’ll get back, but I can’t wait!

OP
G

gzap16

FNG
Glad to hear that you had some opportunities. What type of deer did you have opportunities on? Does, small bucks, big bucks?
Sorry about the delayed response. I had an opportunity at a small buck, a doe and I got within about 90 from a group of two 4x4s and 3x3.