Sd Mule deer public land

sandys18

FNG
South Dakota Game and fish has a great app for your smart phone. It shows all the public land. Reminder that all land in South Dakota is private and can't hunt. Make sure you are on public land, this is different from Minnesota. I plan on going back out there this fall for round 2 of Mule Deer.

Fatcamp

WKR
Easy to get tags. Plenty of public land. From what I have seen this spring the west river deer herd is in good shape.

Like sandy said above, check out SDGFP website for lots of information.

ETA: Easy to get archery tags, rifle not so much.

I haven't spent much time actually scouting out west yet, but have driven through some and taken scenic routes...seeing decent numbers of deer. Lots of public land, put in the time and you will find some good deer. Few areas have been hit with EHD again recently, so I am guessing not all areas will have numbers they used to. However, been seeing more deer get older since GFP cut tags in counties where EHD hit hard. If you venture to the Hills, numbers looked decent early spring where I was. It has been very dry out west, so if you do some scouting find some water and lower areas to scout.