SE 2021 in pics

stickbuck

FNG
Congrats on a great goat! 19 is an incredible number. Definitely a dream hunt that I will eventually experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bighorse

Bighorse

WKR
Yes Nick, this habitat is basically north of the zone that is targeted by the guide supporting that raffle tag. The younger Billy I passed on had 10+ horns but I wanted the larger body for food on this trip. I’ve seen great specimens in here over the years.

It's on my short list, everytime I am down there I wonder why in the hell I haven't went there to goat hunt yet. You're Billy looks to have some age on him as well, very nice!

Antares

WKR
Impressive! You are going to be in a pretty exclusive club by the time you have 20+ goats under your belt. Nice work!

OP
Bighorse

Bighorse

WKR
Yea, last year was tough on my left knee and had a surgery on it for an unusual bony mass. I won’t go into details here. That knee is good this year after some rehab and realistic performance expectations. I think I’ll continue to gain a few more summits, albeit slower. Patience matters on a goat hunt regardless of fitness. Getting up a large hill over four hours vs five is still challenging and the summit and the goat don’t know the difference.