SE Alaska pant recommendations for the rare not raining days?

ramses342

FNG
Basically the title says it all. I live in SE Alaska and have a pair of Helly Hanson rubber rain bib and jacket i can wear if weight is not an issue and it is pouring rain. I also have a pair of Sitka cloudburst pants and jacket which I have been unimpressed with and can wear if it is sprinkling or if it rained the night before and the undergrowth is soaked. Here there is so much sitting and calling when I am deer hunting most of the time I just wear my rubber bib and then my sitka jacket so I can sit down wherever I want and I don't have to worry. I am curious though if anyone has recommendations for good pants that can handle abuse, be semi water resistant, not crazy loud like the cloudbursts, to use on days were it is not raining and I am maybe planing on hiking farther.

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
You could take a look at some of the 3 layer goretex pants. Something like the military uses, FL SEAK, Kuiu Yukon, Sitka Cloudburst or Arc’Teryx LEAF Gen 2 pants (their Alpha SV line looks like it will fit the bill. Also you could look into getting a set of grundens/helly Hanson in their light or mid weight PVC pants, whichever is quieter. Grundens also released a Goretex line meant for open water fishing in the PNW. Whether that will hold up to SE Alaska or PWS type weather I don’t know. I’m personally going to look at a set of the Arc’Teryx LEAF Gen 2s (or Alpha SV), Northface Futurelight and Patagonia if budget isn’t an issue. If it is, the the FL SEAK (only cause I have a decent discount through FL and am impressed with the gear I have from them).

OP
ramses342

ramses342

FNG
My buddy has the FL seak jacket and has not been impressed by it. He thinks that my cloudburst is significantly more waterproof although my cloudburst sure seems louder.

yeti14

Lil-Rokslider
I live in SE AK as well. I'm almost always wearing prana brion pants hunting, camping, fishing, whatever. I have yet to put a hole in them, they dry super fast, comfortable, easy to hike in