SE Alaska Rain Gear

shanny28757

Lil-Rokslider
I'm headed to SE Alaska in August for a deer hunt then again next May for black bear. I'm looking at the First Lite SEAK jacket as a heavy duty option but nobody around me has one I can touch or try on. Is the 3.5 layer similar to a softshell? Or maybe a North Face Apex Bionic jacket? At 24oz I'm assuming it's not a regular laminated jacket like the Boundary Stormtight.

colonel00

WKR
Any idea how much movement you'll have? I'll also say that the HH Impertech is awesome but doesn't breathe at all. If you are mostly still hunting, it's great gear. If you are hiking a lot, you may end up soaked from the inside out.

OP
S

shanny28757

Lil-Rokslider
Any idea how much movement you'll have? I'll also say that the HH Impertech is awesome but doesn't breathe at all. If you are mostly still hunting, it's great gear. If you are hiking a lot, you may end up soaked from the inside out.

That's my concern with the HH. I'd say it's perfect for the bear hunt. We will be using a boat and glassing, relatively little hiking and not much with packs or on inclines. The deer hunt on the other hand we will be backpacking in to a spike camp and climbing every day. I think I'd die with the HH in that case. That's why i was looking for something more breathable that will still keep me dry.