SE Alaska

Tallcrow

FNG
We've done a DIY hunt several times now and its really doable but I understand that it might not be for everyone. Tell us a little more about the type of hunt you are looking for and you might get a few more ideas flowing... Spring or fall? Thinking boat based or lodge? etc...

These folks are my neighbors and get some nice bears. Vessel based in SE is the way to go.

I am hunting with them next year for black bear and 2022 for mtn goat. They routinely kill record book bears (and goats) year after year. Lots of positive reviews online and highly recommended by many other outfitters and clients that I have talked with. Extremely friendly people in person. It’s obviously a little pricey, but for the accommodations and the quality animals it is going to be well worth it. Obviously there are other options, cheaper prices etc. Just depends on what type of hunt experience you are looking for and your price range.

I guess I could check, but what SE AK units are non draw these days? I've always hunted unit 2, and have struck out on the draw the last two years. Depressed.