SE BC bear hunt

Heading into the kootneys near Golden May 15-21 to chase after some black bears. How's the spring been looking for you guys that live up in the area? Bears starting to pop out?
Thanks
Nick

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Redneck09

FNG
Lots of rain, high snow and little sun. 90 some inches in the bugs right now and it looks like kinbasket is still snowy. Your timing will probably be okay though.

OP
Nickziegler
Lots of rain, high snow and little sun. 90 some inches in the bugs right now and it looks like kinbasket is still snowy. Your timing will probably be okay though.
Thanks for the update and info
Regardless it's going to he a good time and great country. Getting a few bears will just be a bonus.

Stew

Lil-Rokslider
you heading with beaverfoot again, your dates should be good its been slow greening up weather has been cooler once we get some rain then heat it changes pretty quick. There has been some bears seen out and about mind you some were out in January as well.

OP
Nickziegler
you heading with beaverfoot again, your dates should be good its been slow greening up weather has been cooler once we get some rain then heat it changes pretty quick. There has been some bears seen out and about mind you some were out in January as well.
Yep hunting back up with beaverfoot. Same guide as my goat hunt. Was suppose to be in New Zealand right now but the wonderful governments put a stop on that until next year. I'm looking forward to it regardless if we see 1 bear of 50 bears

Stew

Lil-Rokslider
Yep hunting back up with beaverfoot. Same guide as my goat hunt. Was suppose to be in New Zealand right now but the wonderful governments put a stop on that until next year. I'm looking forward to it regardless if we see 1 bear of 50 bears

Crazy how things grow the grass has grew a inch or 2 and greened up in last couple days. Take a good camera as you know may see a few
grizzly for pics, also might run into a wolf or 2.
Good luck

OP
Nickziegler
Crazy how things grow the grass has grew a inch or 2 and greened up in last couple days. Take a good camera as you know may see a few
grizzly for pics, also might run into a wolf or 2.
Good luck
Thanks Stew. Just talked to my guide yesterday and he told me the same. Just got a new phone scope case for my new phone so hoping to see a few grizz to get pics of. I'm really looking forward to being back up there

Stew

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Stew. Just talked to my guide yesterday and he told me the same. Just got a new phone scope case for my new phone so hoping to see a few grizz to get pics of. I'm really looking forward to being back up there

You driving or flying up

Stew

Lil-Rokslider
I be flying. From WI iy would be a bit of drive

The nights have been staying above zero and calling for about 5 days of rain, today was the first i noticed the creeks being dirty so high country must be starting to melt, lower country getting greener. You should be hitting it just about right.

OP
Nickziegler
The nights have been staying above zero and calling for about 5 days of rain, today was the first i noticed the creeks being dirty so high country must be starting to melt, lower country getting greener. You should be hitting it just about right.
Great news. Been in contact with Chad the last few weeks. Can't wait! 8 more days

Stew

Lil-Rokslider
good luck on the trip, a fair number of bears being seen now, calling for a bit of crap weather this week.
Post some pics when your back.

OP
Nickziegler
Hunt went awesome and was over pretty quick. Even got a nice little bonus. I'll post a new thread of the hunt when I get back in the states

Stew

Lil-Rokslider
Hunt went awesome and was over pretty quick. Even got a nice little bonus. I'll post a new thread of the hunt when I get back in the states

good to hear, Was the bonus a wolf maybe.

bts

FNG
Heading to hunt bear in central BC in a week. Cant wait! Just wondering if numbers and sizes are up due to low hunting pressure from pandemic. Anyone have an idea about this?

Stew

Lil-Rokslider
ok need to hear the story think i have all ready seen the pictures the one bear is a tank for this country.
Were you hunting in the beaverfoot or the main valley along the highway, just wondering how many
wolves in the bunch

OP
Nickziegler
Sorry. Been super busy yesterday running g to get the hides taken care of and everything stored away and cleaned up. I'm working tonight but will try for a write up tomorrow when my daughter is napping