SE Idaho folks

Chadd314

FNG
Got the opportunity to move to Pocatello area for work and jumped on it! Have always loved this area and been doing some looking around in the hills around for critters. Just wondering if anyone on here in the area that would wanna get out this winter and do some predator hunting and possibly some deer and elk hunting next fall. I’ve hunted my whole life just don’t know anyone around here yet to get out with and do some killin with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bubba94

Lil-Rokslider
Got the opportunity to move to Pocatello area for work and jumped on it! Have always loved this area and been doing some looking around in the hills around for critters. Just wondering if anyone on here in the area that would wanna get out this winter and do some predator hunting and possibly some deer and elk hunting next fall. I’ve hunted my whole life just don’t know anyone around here yet to get out with and do some killin with.

I live in Preston and would be down to hunt some predators with ya. I know Utah better than Idaho though since I am a transplant. Shoot me a PM.

seww

WKR
I'm up in Idaho Falls, recently moved here as well.
Also looking for some hunting buddies as the friend I do know here, doesn't hunt... :(

Bubba94

Lil-Rokslider
I'm up in Idaho Falls, recently moved here as well.
Also looking for some hunting buddies as the friend I do know here, doesn't hunt... :(

PM sent

From Idaho Falls originally. I try to make it back as often as I can to visit family/friends and enjoy the outdoors there. I'm fairly familiar with Beaverhead, Island Park, Palisades and Tex Creek areas. I drew moose years ago on the border of Utah near Bear Lake but without success. I drew on moose this year in 66A and will be scouting it heavy this summer and hunting it heavy this fall. If I can point anyone in the right direction or answer questions on areas, I'm more than happy to.

Bubba94

Lil-Rokslider
From Idaho Falls originally. I try to make it back as often as I can to visit family/friends and enjoy the outdoors there. I'm fairly familiar with Beaverhead, Island Park, Palisades and Tex Creek areas. I drew moose years ago on the border of Utah near Bear Lake but without success. I drew on moose this year in 66A and will be scouting it heavy this summer and hunting it heavy this fall. If I can point anyone in the right direction or answer questions on areas, I'm more than happy to.
PM sent.

Late to the party but I have been down in SE ID now for a few years. This will be my first year archery hunting down in this area.
I haven't archery hunted it before and this year will be my first. Going to go scout this week and finalize a plan for september to try to be out as much as possible.

I haven't archery hunted it before and this year will be my first. Going to go scout this week and finalize a plan for september to try to be out as much as possible.
I lived in IF until late last year, coming back next month for elk in 66/69. Hunted 66 last year (for elk) and ran into some decent Moose bulls. Good luck to you this year.

I lived in IF until late last year, coming back next month for elk in 66/69. Hunted 66 last year (for elk) and ran into some decent Moose bulls. Good luck to you this year.
Love to hear it! Elk should be a great time this year if its not too hot and fires weren't bad.
Mind shooting me a pm whereabouts you saw those moose bulls? I have a couple of ideas where to go scout for them just from doing a map reconnaissance but admittedly haven't hunted moose successfully before.

milljaco

FNG
Good luck with that moose hunt! That’s a good area with a solid population. Had a friend draw that unit a couple years ago and we had a great hunt in there.

I’m excited. Good population and the high success rate with hunts motivated me to put in for it. Ready to put in the work to hike one out. Lol

Called him in down a draw to about 40 yards. Deboned and packed out in 7hrs back to the vehicle. Two days trimming, cutting and wrapping filled the freezer. Tastes amazing!

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0743.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 36

ODB

WKR
Called him in down a draw to about 40 yards. Deboned and packed out in 7hrs back to the vehicle. Two days trimming, cutting and wrapping filled the freezer. Tastes amazing!

Well done man! I just went on a hunt in SE with a friend. Those moose are something special. I'll be putting in for one now that I know the area over there.

Still searching ??
Always! Just not for taking a moose now. It was a great hunt over a few weeks, with many miles packed. Great interactions with folks here on the forum and out in the field. Fish and Game Warden was nothing but helpful and got to experience every season East Idaho has. Good to be home and even better to have the experience.