SE Montana hunters

I know SE Montana sees quite a bit of hunting pressure but I’m looking to pick someone’s brain that hunts there consistently. I’ve heard that Custer gets hit pretty hard but what about any other areas in 705? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnsd16

WKR
Lots of deer, lots of hunters, most are NR and the public/BMAs get hit hard all over 705. Learn some places and hope you get lucky. A 160” on public is a monster. Private access will get you into better quality consistently.

Lawnboi

WKR
It’s an easy to get tag, with lots of animals, and lots of hunters. Posting any info on an open forum is a recipe for more pressure to wherever your going.

Posting area specifics, even unit numbers is a sure fire way to have some extra company on your hunt.

There are a ton of deer in region 7. There is a ton of public in region 7. If you don’t have time to scout I wouldn’t worry too much. Don’t stay in an area with no animals and you will find something to shoot.

Im sorry if I come off as a jackass but this is exactly what ruins hunting spots.

OP
rooster440
It’s an easy to get tag, with lots of animals, and lots of hunters. Posting any info on an open forum is a recipe for more pressure to wherever your going.

Posting area specifics, even unit numbers is a sure fire way to have some extra company on your hunt.

There are a ton of deer in region 7. There is a ton of public in region 7. If you don’t have time to scout I wouldn’t worry too much. Don’t stay in an area with no animals and you will find something to shoot.

Im sorry if I come off as a jackass but this is exactly what ruins hunting spots.

Yeah I’m not asking about any specific spots, just curious about hunting pressure. I haven’t hunted the SE yet and I’m just trying to see if it’s worth driving too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewade07

WKR
As stated previously, tons of hunting pressure. Lots of roads as well. My brother and I have taken multiple mule deer out of that area over 150". Work hard and be ready to put on the miles. Lots of public land as well though. Good luck.

Joelweb

FNG
Hunt hard and smart and you should be able to find a descent buck. Hunting pressure is high, but so are deer populations and it's a numbers game.