SE New Mexico FNG

ThisguyNM

FNG
Morning!

New guy here in New Mexico. I’ve been an avid hunter my whole life, deer, elk, quail, dove, chuckar, grouse, pheasant..etc. Between my Harley, I feel truly free out in the sticks.

I grew up in NorCal, Sierras, and had exposure to firearms at a very young age—love to shoot and reload. I punched out and joined the Air Force right out of HS as an aircraft engine mech. Did 23 years and landed in New Mexico.

Recently, after much nagging from my nephew, I put the rifles in the safe and bought a Hoyt and started slinging arrows. I like the challenge. I drew Elk last year, two close ones. Had a bull right below me in some really thick vegetation heading right to me, couldnt see him. Spoiled by another hunter: bionic thumb + Hoochie Mama, that bull is probably in Montana by now. Another on the other side of Ruidoso, after a lot of patience and calling a bull was coming down a canyon, a creek separated us. I was on the other side in a willow thicket. Just wouldn’t clear a few trees for a good shot, 45 yards with bow already drawn. Smart one, he held for a good while and casually walked back up and disappeared, 6x6.

At any rate, thanks for having me.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie