Sea to Summit Comfort Plus Self Inflating Sleep Pad

TN731

FNG
Anyone running this sleep pad, or have you in the past? What are your thoughts? It is on the heavy side at 2lbs 2oz. Packed size is 7x11.25. Is it worth the added weight and size? Good sleep is a must for me. Thanks

sneaky

"DADDY"
What is drawing you to that pad? Self inflating?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
TN731

TN731

FNG
Reviews I have read rave about comfort. I’m looking for the most comfortable packable pad. Self inflating isn’t as important.

sneaky

"DADDY"
In that two pound range there are a ton of comfortable options. Klymit Static V Luxe is 30" wide and feels like a mattress compared to a regular 20" pad. They make a Static V Luxe SL now that is 27" wide and 6.5 (claimed) R value that is 3.5" thick. Exped makes some nice pads in that range also. Lots of guys like those Sea to Summit pads though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
TN731

TN731

FNG
Thanks for the other options. I’ll check them out.

schwaf

Lil-Rokslider
Consider doubling up w/ an inflating pad and a closed cell foam pad. I use a Nemo tensor and nemo switchback. Little less than 2 pounds, super comfortable, and if your pad leaks you'll still be warm and comfortable through the night. You can pull out the foam pad during the day and using it as a sitting pad. Worth it for the comfort.

Last edited:
I've used that pad. It's okay, nothing outstanding. For the money, you can't beat the Klymit. I have not used one but the combo of r-value, thickness, weight, and cost would make them worth checking out. Look for a pad that is 3" or thicker if comfort is the main concern.

No experience with that pad but I use a sea to summit etherlight. my regular wide weighs 23oz and is 4inches thick. I run it slightly less than fully inflated and it is the best pad I have found. R value is 3.2 and in fairness I have not used it in weather below 25* or so.

it is super comfy and I haven’t used any of my other pads since I got it.

JR Greenhorn

Lil-Rokslider
I imagine you've gotten something by now, but thought I'd add to this thread in case anyone else comes across it.

I have a Sea to Summit Comfort Plus Insulated (Large tapered, red), but it's the non-self-insulating, which must pack down smaller.

I also have a Comfort Light Insulated (green), both the current and old versions. The Plus is 10 oz heavier, but noticably more comfortable. While the Light packs down a bit smaller, it isn't enough to matter much in most packs. The weight difference is a much bigger concern to me.

The current models' stuff sacks with the integrated pump takes up more room too. If you can find Sea to Summit's older green concertina-style pump, get one; it's the best in the business.

Most of my friends have either Cabela's Instinct pads (which I borrowed many times before buying mine), or Therm-a-rest self inflatable. I feel the Sea to Summit pads are superior, both in comfort and size to weight.