Sea to Summit Comfort plus

Vandy321

WKR
Have loved my comfort plus insulated (rectangle) for the past couple seasons.

Have noticed that by morning when rolling up, that one side (double sided bladder) seems to have alot less air to expell than the other, mainly the bottom. I have checked it for the leaks after the last few trips in the tub, found nothing.

It was significant enough this last trip that I actually got cold, on the snow, thats never happened with that mat. I woke up numerous times to "top off" the air in the pad, as the temp went from the 50s when inflated to the teens about 4am.

Before I retire this thing and get an exped so I don't freeze in Nov...any thoughts/suggestions? Anyone have a similar experience and maybe this is normal?

rideold

WKR
I've not had that happen but I have had pads that wouldn't hold air anymore that I spent a long time trying to find the leaks by submerging them in the bathtub and never found one. If you've gotten good use out of it and it isn't working well anymore then may as well get a new one. It's not worth a miserable nights sleep!

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
Yeah good point, although I don't think 2 years is the "good use" I'd have hoped for more from a sleeping mat that I use maybe 20 nights/year, but I did buy it used, so it stings a little less.

gsully

Lil-Rokslider
Dude same thing here, I got one with very few nights on it and one chamber leaks. Found out last week. Although 2nd night, I inflated really full to start out and half way through the night felt perfect hah!

• Banned
OP
V

Vandy321

WKR
Mine bottom chamber about 2 breaths less innthe morning (6 breaths to fill from empty). Non-scientific, but yeah, I posted mine innthe classifieds hoping someone wants a deal and is better at finding and repairing a leak than I am.