SEAK rain gear getting wet inside

swisski

Lil-Rokslider
I've been having similar issues with my SEAK.

During constant and driving rain, I found myself wetting out considerably fast, and this was with no pack on, and no strenuous activity. I do like the design of the jacket, I'm just not sure I can fully rely on it which is my main concern with upcoming hunts.

From my research Arcteryx gear, while it may be loud, seems to be the best of the best for severe protection. It's just a pretty penny.

I've been having similar issues with my SEAK.

During constant and driving rain, I found myself wetting out considerably fast, and this was with no pack on, and no strenuous activity. I do like the design of the jacket, I'm just not sure I can fully rely on it which is my main concern with upcoming hunts.

From my research Arcteryx gear, while it may be loud, seems to be the best of the best for severe protection. It's just a pretty penny.

pretty much this.

Almost all the top rain jackets have near water proof protection. the issue is the humanity outside the jacket needs to be less than the humidity inside to transfer vapor.

so factor 1 is your body producing vapor faster than the jacket can expel it. So that's wear a more breathable jacket comes into play.

Second factor is how quickly the exterior wets out with basically takes to breathability to zero. That comes from the DWR coating.

breathable rain gear not completely waterproof. It have pores that water will get through it. A lot of factors like dirt, snow or wind playing role in it. I’m not engineer but body of mine is. Per his calculation rain with 24 mph wind, water slowly will make it through. heavy rain and 45mph wind will pour in inside of Jacket like you wearing nothing.