Sealing Truck Camper from Dust

loving this thread. I have fought this issue too, and I as well could not find the perfect solution. I do not have sliding windows for the topper or rear glass on my truck, so I cannot try the positive pressure trick.

sasquatch

WKR
after reading go4thegusto suggestion I'm thinking a 12v fan, a hole in cap to fit a suction hose that'll feed the fan and run a plug all the way into the cab through the exhaust vents. just plug it in when you get in the truck or in a dusty area, the fan will turn on pulling air into the cab and pressurizing it

Mutto

FNG
Stick on gaskets for moving part areas. HVAC putty for all other areas. Cheap. Stays put. I use it on a tacoma plastic bed that who ever designed must of been horrified by the possibility of people turning it into a hot tub (lotsa gaps). Worked like a charm over 2 winters and summers. Plumbers and HVaC workers will tell you it sticks to metal. It also removes clean.
8bf3ec9b03c74d29fbee5269cb687167.jpg
6e756f07b9b04e4bc3a91e5413af0307.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backyard

WKR
I installed tailgate seal gasket around the tailgate. Then I plug any large holes with round foam gasket material. (Comes in 6ft lengths of various diameters) I also ran around the entire bed inside with a small bead of clear exterior silicone caulk. The new F150’s are really bad as far as gaps in the corners now.
It isn’t airtight, but I get hardly any dust anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
My father is the gasket ninja when it comes to this. I have no idea how he manages it, but he gets to 95% or higher dust resistance. Lots of pipe insulation, and stick-on gasket material is involved. It's personal with him.

If you are near Great Falls, MT I'll give you his number and you can try to gleen his secrets.

Jeremy