Sealskinz review…

Wore my high calf ones today over a pair of a medium weight smart wools inside my Orvis ultralights. Walked about a mile with them almost fully submerged. Got back to house and feet 100% dry.

unfortunately the Orvis boots get pretty heavy once wetted out. I’m a bit surprised by that. Not so heavy that it’ll be a problem, just heavier than I had suspected. Also found a neat piece of pottery on my walk and harvested 10-12 pounds of modeling clay that’s been sifted and is currently settling.

Wore my high calf ones today over a pair of a medium weight smart wools inside my Orvis ultralights. Walked about a mile with them almost fully submerged. Got back to house and feet 100% dry.

unfortunately the Orvis boots get pretty heavy once wetted out. I’m a bit surprised by that. Not so heavy that it’ll be a problem, just heavier than I had suspected. Also found a neat piece of pottery on my walk and harvested 10-12 pounds of modeling clay that’s been sifted and is currently settling.
THAT'S what I wanted to see! Thanks for putting them to the test. If you do more testing, let me know how it goes. Thanks!
Ryan

Voyageur

WKR

Old thread, I know.
Which high calf sealskinz socks did you wear? I am deciding right now between all weather, cold weather, or extreme cold weather sealskinz. I want to make sure they are thick enough to take up the extra room in my wading boot when the neoprene stocking foot is not there. I’m leaning towards their extreme cold weather sock, but also want to make sure the sock isn’t too thick thus making the boot too tight.
Thanks.