seam sealer

B

bearguide

i have a marmot single wall. we took it to alaska last year for our sheep hunt. it leaked through the seams. so i want to seam seal it, and waterproof the fabric. any sugestions

dotman

WKR
Google or go to you tube and search kifaru seam seal. He did a real simple video, just need clear kitchen & bath silicone, paint thinnerand a 1/2" paint brush. Works great.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Spray on silicone for the fabric and here is a video for the seams.

[video=vimeo;41216093]http://vimeo.com/41216093[/video]

OP
B

bearguide

ya i watched that video / looks like a great way to do it thanks ryan and becca

mtnkid85

WKR
Ive used the product "Seam Grip" extensively and it works well as a seam sealer. And just as importantly it is a miracle for in the field repairs of rips, tears, and punctures for most any matierial. I always have a little tube of it on hand for patching up down coats, tears in the tents fly, pin holes in the sleeping mat, rain jacket snags ect ect.

i did my sl5 like luke and becca and its worked well so far, was pretty quick and easy too. i think ill do the montana spike next, just gotta get around to pitching it at home.

sk1

WKR
i just did the silnet and mineral spirits....did my SL3 in like 15 to 20 min. It was slow going at first because I don't think I added enough mineral spirits and that silnet stuff is really gooey and doesnt spread, but once i got the right mixture it went quick.....silnet is like $6 and a $7 thing of mineral spirits from home depot and you should be good go