Search for SLC replacement options ended up with Kowa Genesis

Honyock

WKR
If you're considering the Zeiss Conquest you might want to take a look at the "demo" Zeiss Conquest binos on Europtics and Red Hawke Rifle. I have bought demos from both and all items were basically new binoculars/scopes.

OP
Iawalleyeguy
After pining for two months over... 8x vs 10x , what brand ,what model and all the other optics related searches we all put ourselves through. I finally pulled the trigger and bought the Kowa Genesis 8.5x44 the only negatives I could dig up where that they are heavy and they don't have a tripod adapter thread neither were a deal breaker for me. I only wanted the best glass I could get for the money I had. I believe I did.
While Doug was busy at the shot show Jeff took care of my purchase. Cameralandny is 1st class!
I will report back if I believe they are a legitimate SLC replacement after I glass up a few Iowa whitetails.

I just sold my conquest to up grade to slc. (15x56). To me it was worth it. The image is much clearer and crisp. Check out outdoorsmans.com the have a pair of 10x42 slc on their auction page right now. The auction ends tomorrow 1/21/22. I’ve bought 3 binoculars from them and other stuff. Excellent customer service. Can’t say enough good things.

ridgefire

WKR
I was going to upgrade from my Nikon Monarch 3's to some SLC's but ended up buying the Kowa Genesis 10.5x44. I bought a open box pair from Cameraland and they were $999 to my door. I am really happy with how crisp and clear the image is and I do not regret buying these instead of the Swaro's. I bought a RRS Cinch-LR to use them with my tripod and it works great with the Kowa's and super easy to use.

Attachments

• 20220122_205923.jpg
    20220122_205923.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 66

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I grabbed a set of 8x42 conquests here a few years ago for a good price. I’ve been using them pretty hard ever since. They are good binos.

Graybush

FNG

Meopta MeoPro Air 8x42 HDED+ are outstanding for those of us who wear glasses. Eye relief is excellent, the ergos work for me, and they are bright in low light.​

OP
Iawalleyeguy
My new Kowa 8.5x44 bino showed up yesterday from cameralandny. It was dark when I got home so nothing to report on the optical quality yet. I do have a few things I can comment on. They are on the heavy side when compared my old pair of Zen ZRS HD , however they feel much more balanced. The eye cups are very sturdy and each detent feels solid. The main focus diopter is as silky smooth as I have ever felt. So far everything about this bino exudes that they are of the highest quality! I hope to get home today and put them through the paces on some whitetails...I'll report back!

OP
Iawalleyeguy
Wow!! Is all I can say. Kowa really nailed this series of bino. I ran the Genesis 8.5x44 side by side with my old Zen ZRS 8x42 tonight , not fair I know. Amazing difference in every aspect of optical quality! The brightness is what stood out most to me, probably because that is a quality I was searching for most. They are sharp as a tack and I didn't notice any CA while glassing a bald eagle on a power pole.
I was able to find a buck in a cut corn field at about 300 yards as light faded. With the zens I could barely tell it was a buck , the antlers bended with the corn stalks.
This is where I noticed the contrast and superior optics of the Kowa as the rack stuck out like a sore thumb. I'm not an optics guru by any means , but the quality of the Genesis just slaps you in the face. Needless to say I got home parked the Ranger , filled out the Lifetime warranty card, put a stamp on it and stuck it in the mail box ...they are keepers!! Big shout out to the guys at Camerlandny for recomending it and passing on a sweet price to boot ,Thanks!!

bmanb940

Lil-Rokslider
This year I stepped up to Meopta's MeoStar B1 Plus 12x50 HD binos and I am impressed. Hunting from tower blinds and being able to glass over a mile away, the 12X binos did not disappoint. Meopta glass was stellar in the early morning and later evening light which is why I opted for the Meostar Series. I had no problem holding the bino stead for handheld glassing, though I did use a tripod adapter on a few occasions when glassing a hillside for an afternoon waiting on game movement. Reach out to Doug and see if he can help you out, he does a good job of taking care of Rokslide members. He may have to order the bino for you so have some patience.