Searching for a new boot

CoryCa

FNG
Hey everyone, I'm looking for new boots that will be primarily worn in September/October out west. I jumped on the zero drop band wagon a few years ago and have been wearing altra lone peaks and the discontinued Tushars the last 2 years. They are fine for September but definitely not waterproof enough for late October. I'm looking for an all leather waterproof boot that doesn't have a huge heel to toe drop. I'm searching for something similar to the crispi nevadas. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

Big lowa baldo fan. Great middle of the road boot from a weight/stiffness perspective, waterproofing has been good and I’ve had 3-4 pairs.

TN VOL

FNG
Lowa and Zamberlan both make great boots and have several models with minimal heel-toe drop.

jmyers

FNG
I have very happy with Meindl. Get them from Meindl USA instead of the cheap Chinese junk from Cabelas. And Meindl USA will answer phone or call back to help with your choice.

BobbyMac

Lil-Rokslider
Lowa Ranger III gtx has noticeably less drop. Doesn't have the rocker sole like the Nevada either and more flex than the Nevada which you might enjoy coming from those minimalist boots.

I go through a pair a year, mostly because they wear out in the rocks chasing Chukar and desert critters.

scott85

Lil-Rokslider
I’m in the same boat and I think I’m going to go with Lapponia cause I need a wide boot.

Not sure if you are wanting a stiff boot but there is lone peak all weather hiker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They either aren’t waterproof out of the box, or lose their waterproofness very fast… first time I wore them in morning dew, my feet got soaked

Certainly not a good option for later season when you need a barrier between your feet and the elements

I hunt with Kennetrek Mountain Extreme uninsulated. I love the ankle support and grip in the rocky chukar terrain. I have used many other boots but even when kennetrek are brand new I don't get blisters and walk all day in steep rocky terrain.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Hey everyone, I'm looking for new boots that will be primarily worn in September/October out west. I jumped on the zero drop band wagon a few years ago and have been wearing altra lone peaks and the discontinued Tushars the last 2 years. They are fine for September but definitely not waterproof enough for late October. I'm looking for an all leather waterproof boot that doesn't have a huge heel to toe drop. I'm searching for something similar to the crispi nevadas. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!
I think some of the recommendations so far are not zero drop, and definitely not minimalist (especially with a wide toe box, if you are headed that route). There are some other threads on both zero drop and minimalist, including one that has remained active about the Vivo Tracker ESC and its durability, including waterproof and some other tangents that may be of interest -
Thread 'Vivo forest tracker esc durability'
https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/vivo-forest-tracker-esc-durability.283540/

GerGa

FNG
As someone who used to wear Vivo's, I will echo that there are many suggestions that do not have a generous toe box width like a minimalist shoe does.