Season - 2020

Jeffk1271

FNG
2020 is shaping up to be one heck of an experience. I've always dreamt of hunting elk and being a Missouri resident, this obviously isn't possible without hunting out of state. This year I will have the opportunity to elk hunt Idaho on a disabled veteran non-resident tag. I will be going with 2 other disabled vets and am looking forward to the experience. We have yet to pick a unit as we have no first hand knowledge of the area and only one of us have ever been elk hunting before but I'm excited nonetheless.

Best of luck to you and everyone else this year!
2020 is shaping up to be one heck of an experience. I've always dreamt of hunting elk and being a Missouri resident, this obviously isn't possible without hunting out of state. This year I will have the opportunity to elk hunt Idaho on a disabled veteran non-resident tag. I will be going with 2 other disabled vets and am looking forward to the experience. We have yet to pick a unit as we have no first hand knowledge of the area and only one of us have ever been elk hunting before but I'm excited nonetheless.

Jeffk1271

FNG
Nice. Will be doing an otc hunt there this fall as well. My family and I own property above bonners ferry so ive hunted deer there with good success. Beautiful country. Here is a pic if a hike in deer hunt I did last year. Best of luck and Thanks for your service.

Attachments

• 20181017_112731.jpg
    20181017_112731.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 38
OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
2019 my 13 year old daughter killed her first elk I am going to try like heck to get her 12 year old sister to get her first elk in 2020.

Awesome. Congrats and good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kf1983

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck to all.

2020 is shaping up nice for me. Spring CA pig hunt (couple weekends), May Lanai Axis. Summer/Early Fall CA Blacktail D Zones and hopefully wife permitting cow elk rifle private land. I am looking for private land tags or something pay to play (but not too expensive) to get a freezer filler. Open to suggestions here.

Also recently did some Colorada river duck hunting, love it thatll be in the mix this fall and winter as well.

Hackman

FNG

Good luck to you! Thank you for your service.

Well didnt do a whole lot in 2019 due to obligations taking too much time and the whitetails not moving a whole bunch in Arkansas where I hunt, but planning my first elk hunt ever for here in 2020. GL to everyone!

johnvan74

FNG

I'm in the same boat from Wisconsin. When and where are you going. DIY or guide? I'm hunting with Bitterroot Mountain Outfitters. Going on the second weekend in September.

Raidertx

FNG
2019 was my brother and my first year DIY archery hunting elk in Colorado. While we weren't able to bring one home, we were able to see and get in close on some which I'd consider a small success. Needless to say, we have the bug and can't wait to get back in 2020.

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
5bc97cf06f321d2ee2d8f38ae56de305.jpg

Quick trip to Lake Tahoe after SCI finished up. It was beautiful to say the least.

johnvan74

FNG

Fidelis Devil Dog

Well, it's hard to believe another season has passed us by. Crazy where the time is going. I had a great year in '19, with plans for 2020 to be even better. Unfortunately I didn't update the '19 thread as I would have like to do. Just never seemed to be enough time for everything.

Wishing you all the best for this year.

Use this thread as your own as well, I like to hear about all your stories, travels, successes, and adventures as well!

Les
Excited to follow along on your 2020 adventures this year, @les welch . I myself will be getting back out west for elk after missing the last two years. I was lucky my first couple of times and connected on bulls; this year I'm doing a backpack trip into some wilderness backcountry so trying to test my skills a little more and excited is an understatement. Little worried about what my wife is going to say when I tell her what my gear may cost.
I just noticed you're from central Wisconsin. I'm in Madison, would love to connect for a beer/coffee some time to talk hunting or to connect at any outdoor events you may be at. Always love making connections in the outdoor industry. Good luck this season!

OP
les welch

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Excited to follow along on your 2020 adventures this year, @les welch . I myself will be getting back out west for elk after missing the last two years. I was lucky my first couple of times and connected on bulls; this year I'm doing a backpack trip into some wilderness backcountry so trying to test my skills a little more and excited is an understatement. Little worried about what my wife is going to say when I tell her what my gear may cost.
I just noticed you're from central Wisconsin. I'm in Madison, would love to connect for a beer/coffee some time to talk hunting or to connect at any outdoor events you may be at. Always love making connections in the outdoor industry. Good luck this season!

Awesome!! Good luck. May be at Deer and Turkey, I’ll update here as it approaches.

T-moss

FNG
Looking forward to my first elk hunting trip this year, it will be diy/otc... getting all my gear together and getting excited!

Well, it's hard to believe another season has passed us by. Crazy where the time is going. I had a great year in '19, with plans for 2020 to be even better. Unfortunately I didn't update the '19 thread as I would have like to do. Just never seemed to be enough time for everything.

Wishing you all the best for this year.

Use this thread as your own as well, I like to hear about all your stories, travels, successes, and adventures as well!

Les
Off to Washington St. for an elk hunt with my son-in-law and his dad........ starting to make a lot of memories! Best of luck to all in 2020!!!

Jr1282

FNG
This will be my first year as well. Planning on OTC counter in Colorado. Been researching for almost a year and still working on picking a unit.
I did my first last year in Co. We picked one and just went. If you get off the road and push back id imagine you'll start running into sign / animals wherever you are. I'm also going through the Elk101 course right now and that's super insightful / helpful.